Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roel Zylstra Posts: 84, Reputation: 14
    Tech entrepreneur, perpetual student,lover of life

Aug 20, 2007, 03:24 AM
    I-Worm/VB.IP Virus
    According to AVG my computer is infected with the I Worm/VB.IP virus but it will take too long to remove it with AVG (if it even can) because it has infected thousands of files and AVG asks me to remove each one. Do you have any info on removing this virus?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 20, 2007, 03:34 AM
    Have you tried running Trend housecall through your system ?
    Always worth having a second opinion on a problem.

Trend Micro HouseCall - Start

Also it is worth setting AVG to do a boot time scan and remove from there.
    This is a hell of a lot faster.

From what I can find seems this is a simple piece of Malware spread via e-mail and ICQ.
    So maybe Spybot/Adaware would help with it's removal
    Roel Zylstra Posts: 84, Reputation: 14
    Tech entrepreneur, perpetual student,lover of life

Sep 3, 2007, 02:39 AM
    It appears that the virus only was active when I connected to a particular wireless network. So I stopped connecting to that network and deleted all the garbage files that the virus created with the Windows Explorer search feature.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 02:44 AM
    Aren't you suppsed to be on holiday?? Shut the computer down and go PARTY
    icecream Posts: 160, Reputation: 6

Oct 16, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Take me with you :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Zhelatin.ch worm [ 6 Answers ]

I've done full system scan with AVG Anti-Spyware Microsoft Malware Finder AVG Anti-Virus, and Spybot and I get a clean bill of health from all of them, but a little freebie called Malware Sweeper finds Zhelatin.ch I tell it to delete and it says it did but it does not.

Worm Pills [ 1 Answers ]

From a PM: ''Hay how are you? I just wanted to ask you a quick question. I have three dogs. A cat, 2 fish, so meds for all them can get expensive (not to mention the food) but I am sure you know this. Question do you think it is safe to order meds online for them? The last time I ordered they were...

Worm in puppies [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is a 18 week old mix Australian sheppard, and he has roundworms - first sign on Sunday. I brought him to the vets for a deworming on Monday 8am, and he also got his first vaccine, so since Sunday he will not eat a thing. He is lethargic and vomits about once every two hours (few worms),...

Sasser.B.Worm [ 3 Answers ]

Was recently infected by Sasser.B.Worm virus. I loaded the Microsoft patch and the Norton Anti-Virus correction tool. Norton now says that their scan does not detect the virus. Part of Norton's instrcutions was to use their software to quarantine the infected files, which I did. ...

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search