Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FONGSC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 11:17 PM
    How to remove rvhost.exe warning
    When I start my notebook, I get the message

Windows cannot find rvhost.exe. Make sure you type the name correctly and try again.

If I click OK to proceed, I have problem saving files and retrieving files. It takes a long time for the process to be complete. In certain cases, my system will just get hang up and I get the message 'Not responding'.

When I try to access my Task Manager, I am informed that my task manager has been disable by the Administrator.

Hope someone can help me to solve this problem.

Many thanks and have a good day.

Regards

Fong
    wtfury Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 09:15 PM
    You may have a virus... found something relating to it at this website;

RVHOST.exe - Program Information

Good luck
    lauhieng Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FONGSC

Windows cannot find rvhost.exe. Make sure you type the name correctly and try again.

If I click OK to proceed, I have problem saving files and retrieving files. It takes a long time for the process to be complete. In certain cases, my system will just get hang up and I get the message 'Not responding'.

When I try to access my Task Manager, I am informed that my task manager has been disable by the Administrator.

Regards

Fong
    Dear friend,

I just notice your problem, I had met the problem before, and I overcame it at last by using registry repair and registry mechanic. You can buy the installer cd at software saler call system tool,u may get the registry repair and repair mechanic inside and just install into your comp and scan/repair it, your problem will be solved.

Remember, uninstall all your printer driver before you use the above mention tools.
    mashavha82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 11:40 PM
    How to remove rvhost.exe warning
    mashavha82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 05:00 AM

Regards

Fong
    lauhieng Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 01:14 AM
    I would like to respond mashavha82's question.

Dear mashavha82, I suggest you using the methods as said below:
    1. download Hijack it 6.0 or latest from download.com e.t.c.
    2. run hijack, and uncheck the rvhost.exe
    3. restart the computer.
    4. once you log in your computer and go to startup program> click "run"
    5. type regedit.
    6. go to hkey_current_user > software> microsoft> windows>current version> Policies >system, delete the command "disabletaskmanager=1" or any rvhost.exe application file.

Or

7. go to hkey_local_machine > software> microsoft> windows>current version> Policies
    >system, delete the command "disabletaskmanager=1" or any rvhost.exe application file.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove RVHOST.EXE malware ? [ 15 Answers ]

Does anyone have idea about the RVHOST.EXE malware, and how to remove this permanently, or Patch the OS in order not to get infected again in future? Mcafee version 8.0 + Antispyware + Patch 14 cannot remove this malware :o :o The only software that can remove this is PREVX, but it's a trial...

Rvhost.exe [ 5 Answers ]

hello I was infected with rvhost.exe, same problems with the others guys,it disable my task manager,folder option and registry.. I try to follow some of our fellas step which is go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System and change the value but to no...

About RVHOST.exe [ 9 Answers ]

I'm getting the following error message: Windows cannot find RVHost.exe,make sure you typed the name correctly... Most likely it is a virus! Could you please advise on how to remove it? Thanks.

OS infected with rvhost.exe [ 4 Answers ]

My computer is infected with rvhost.exe. When my computer is started, The task manager shows that the processor usage is fully occupied (100%). As soon as I kill/disable this process, my CPU usage drop to the normal level. I have AVG but it didn't detected any problems in my system. Please Help ...

What should I do of RVHOST.EXE? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having same problem on my network of Rvhost.exe. It is infecting my system. I have already installed the Avasta 4 Home edition but unable to remove it from my USB drive. When ever I reconnect my USB to system it has a folder naming "newfolder".How can I remove or secure my Network...

View more questions Search