Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rummage Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2005, 05:26 PM
    Cannot Play Midi Files
    When I get an e-mail that say's turn up the volume to hear this--I can't hear anything--I have the volume turned up loud, and no mute buttons on--I can play cd's on here, but cannot hear the e-mails--thank you for any help
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2005, 05:48 AM
    Midi
    Hi,
    There are many places to look at, to see if you have your audio player set to play MIDI's.
    Are you using Windows Media Player?
    If so, open WMP, then click on Tools at the top of that window, then click on Options.
    Click on the File Types tab at top.
    Then, scroll down to see if the MIDI box is checked. If not, left click on it to put a checkmark by it, then click on Apply, and OK.
    You might also go to Control Panel/Multimedia, then click on the MIDI tab at top.
    Look to see if there is a checkmark under the heading "MIDI Output".
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to play tmp files [ 7 Answers ]

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." What can I do to play this file?

Midi Program [ 1 Answers ]

Im looking for a freeware Midi program that will play the songs back onto my keyboard.

Midi Music [ 3 Answers ]

Would like to know if there is any sites in Google where midi music also has words in them. Thanks Jack

Chips challenge and midi files [ 13 Answers ]

A friend just gave me a copy of chips challenge, which I haven't played for ages! :D I realized though that I can't hear the silly midi songs that went with it, and that's part of the fun. In trying to fix the problem, I discovered that I can't hear midi music on my computer at all. How would I fix...

MIDI Quantization [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, folks. I'm experimenting with MIDI quantization using the Neural Network Toolbox. Any pointers are appreciated. First, a brief discussion on MIDI quantization. In this specific context its purpose is to "correct" a performance by shifting data representing notes played by an...

View more questions Search