Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abigali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 05:40 AM
    License for small business
    :) I am interested in starting a small business. But, inorder to sell, do I need some sort of license? If so, how do I go about this task?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2007, 05:46 AM
    Hello a:

Hire a CPA. He'll tell you if you need a sales tax license. DON'T call the tax office because they'll tell you that you DO need a license even though you don't. YOUR tax information should come from YOUR sources.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2007, 09:17 AM
    What kind of small business, what are you going to sell.

Also if you are going to have customers coming to this business, you will have to have the property zoned commercial or retail.
    merletweb Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2007, 07:45 PM
    This is a municipal issue for the most part unless. Don't guess, check with our city hall or county offices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small business [ 1 Answers ]

I am interested in starting a business for low income individuals. I want a building where I cam have many different offices to help the homeless or low income families. Such as: FREE CLOTHING FREE FOOD ...

Small business [ 2 Answers ]

I have set flyers and business cards around my neighborhood about lawn care services. Now, how much do I charge to cut their yards?

Where do I get insurance for a small business? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I need to start in getting insurance for my small business? Also, would a disclaimer form not dissolve me of responsibility in case of an accident in this field (facepainting) considering that the child would not have access to this event without parental consent??

Small business [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently 17 years old... I am toying with the idea of starting a card business... I will begin as a sole trader... but hopefully develop into a larger force opening stores around scotland by 2010... will I survive in such a market... and is it wise taking such a risk at a critical stage of my...

Small business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is Joshua and I plan on starting my own business painting homes. My question is do I need and contractors licence or can I just use a business licence?

View more questions Search