Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlight Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2003, 12:43 PM
    Computers
    I connect to the web via broadband.
    Everything is OK for about 15mins then my browser disconnects. I have deleted and reloaded explorer but the fault remains. I have also downloaded avant browser - no difference. When the browser goes off line it does not effect other programmes such as messenger which continue to work. However if I disconnect them and then try run them they too do not work after the 15mins.
    Help!
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2003, 05:33 PM
    Re: computers
    What operating system do you have also have you updatred your system using windows update?
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 17, 2004, 10:16 AM
    Try going to www.trendmicro.com and run the free online virus scan just to rule it out.
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Dec 25, 2004, 04:49 AM
    You may also want to check the properties of the connection.
    Right click on the connection's icon (that is the one that you double click to connect to the ISP) , select properties. Second tab (TCP), ensure that the "Idle Timeout" is unchecked. I'd not be surprised that it is checked, with a value of 15 minutes.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2004, 04:58 AM
    Broadband
    Hi,
    Urmod4u's answer sounds like a very good one.
    If that doesn't work, call your ISP.
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computers [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to do a scandisk on my PC. I am told that it is better if I put PC in safe mode first. How do I do that?

Computers [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if I can hookup one computer to an other computer and download files from one to another even if they are not the same make and how I can do it?

Connecting two computers together [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, just wondering since my cd rom on xp is not working, IS there anyway that I can connect my old PC win 98, 4gb hard drive to my xp and use win 98 cd rom to install program on xp.

View more questions Search