Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandman560 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 01:03 AM
    Pulled quad muscle therapy
    I pulled my right quad muscle playing baseball and I took some ib profin to help with pain and swelling. And I iced my quad muscle as well but can I put heat on it as well like 20 minutes after I'm done icing it? Or will putting heat on it make?
    miss_icanhelp Posts: 22, Reputation: 10

Aug 19, 2007, 02:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman560
    I pulled my right quad muscle playing baseball and i took some ib profin to help with pain and swelling. and i iced my quad muscle as well but can i put heat on it as well like 20 minutes after im done icing it? or will putting heat on it make?
    Hii I am an occupational therapist and suggest that you use the R.I.C.E. method first. Rest, Icing, Compression, and Elevation. Drink anti inflammatory meds. Once activity is started again, ice the muscle after exercise to reduce any swelling. After applying the ice, wrap your thigh in an ACE bandage to keep it compressed. Once you are bale to use your leg without pain, you can begin a slow jogging program and avoid any sudden accelerations and sprints. Pay attention to signs of pain or increased tenderness, and reduce exercise if any develops. Proper stretching of the quadriceps is essential. Recovery typically occurs within two or three weeks.

Prevention
    The way to prevent this injury is to strengthen the quadriceps muscles, warm up thoroughly before exercise and stretch regularly. Quad extensions, squats, biking and stair climbing are all worthwhile exercises for runners to use as cross training. Hope this helps. God bless...
    tigerkitty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Comment on miss_icanhelp's post
    Well answered and understood... 100% satifaction
    vballchick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 05:00 PM
    I just pulled mine playing volleyball three days ago and I have a game tomorrow and the next day, I am a starter I really need to be able to play right now I am having truble walking, climbing steps and coming down, and bigest and most painful is running. I am a setter am pretty much that's what I do the hole game. How can I get back and be able to play really fast

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quad Muscle Pull [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled my quad playing softball 2 weeks ago, I am playing my next game on Sunday, it is still a bit sore, and I know running might cause the strain again, but is there anything I can do to prepare my leg for when I run? Someone told me to tape it up? I tried stretching it and it hurt, should I...

Treatment for pulled Quad muscle [ 2 Answers ]

I pulled my quad playing softball 2 weeks ago, I am playing my next game on Sunday, it is still a bit sore, and I know running might cause the strain again, but is there anything I can do to prepare my leg for when I run? Someone told me to tape it up? I tried stretching it and it hurt, should I...

Pulled muscle or pinched nerve? [ 2 Answers ]

I woke up a week ago, and the cord that runs on the right side of my neck really ached, went down along my collar bone, and into the joint of my right shoulder. Now, it's in the front and back part of my neck on the right side and around my lung area as well. Would this be considered a pinched...

View more questions Search