Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Milton Jr Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Aug 18, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Does anybody have the windows update folder for windows 98?
    I accidentally deleted my Windows update folder. I'd appreciate if anyone could give it to me.

Thanks in Advance.:)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 18, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Windows Update folder? You mean the folder where your Windows updates are stored? Why would you need it?
    Milton Jr Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Aug 18, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Yes, you know, C:\Files\windowsupdate

Because I can't access the webpage.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 19, 2007, 04:46 AM
    Win 98 has been sunsetted, no more support for it. That's probably why you can't access it. Not everyone saves their updates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't open windows XP desktop folder [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My father had a motherboard failure on his computer. He decided to get a new computer. But there is a folder on the desktop of his old computer called PICTURES that he wants to access. I installed his old HD into the new computer as a second HD. I am able to access the DOCUMENTS...

Install folder is missing from my Windows (XP) folder [ 3 Answers ]

How odd. Tried to install a program and got "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". I found the fix options at microsoft.com but one of them refers to C:\Windows\Installer - and I realize I don't have it! How the heck it disappeared I have no clue :confused: Hope hope...

How to take ownership of a folder in Windows XP [ 4 Answers ]

Well this is what happen one day when I was trying to start my comptuer had a error saying "Windows cannot start because the follwoing file is missing or corrupted" I tried to repair but but did not repair so I reinstalled windows When windows was reinstalled I tried to open the file in which...

Strange files beginning $ in Windows folder [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone explain why all of a sudden I have about 50 or so hidden files starting $MSI31 uninstall_etc , &NTServicePackUninstall$, $UninstallKB824146$, etc etc and also about 30 Windows Media profile files starting WMPrffor(etc).prx located in my Windows folder. I know they're hidden files but I...

Windows XP Folder and Search Box Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I am at my wits end with this. I am running windows XP and when I try to open any folder on my computer a search box automatically pops up and the name of the folder such as My Music will be in the search box Look In: field. To get the information I have stored in any of my folders I have to do a...

View more questions Search