Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matador Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Chevy pickup alternator charging problems
    My chevy pick up battery went dead I replace for a brand new but the battery was not charging by the alternator so I pulled the alternator and I went to the shop to see if is was working and it was working good. The problem was that the alternator was not charging so What I did that night I put A cable from the alternator directly to the battery to see if it works Yes It works
    My Question is If it could be a fuse a relay from the original cable to the battery Can Any one tell me how to repair this issue.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 19, 2007, 05:52 AM
    There may be corrosion at the battery cable, particularly POS cable. Many time the corrosion will be hidden inside the battery's cable but can be detected by close visual inspection of the cable. Look for evidence where the cable contacts the battery post, where the battery bolt contacts the cable, and check the cable itself for internal corrision by looking for bulging and swelling cause by build up.

Good luck.

Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Does that have a Built in Regulator, or external regulator? What year, type of Truck?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1979 chevy pickup won't start [ 10 Answers ]

I have 1979 chevy pickup that just won't start I replaced the clutch drove it a couple of days and I just won't start I have plenty of spark and gas getting to the plugs I have replaced everything in the distrubetor I just can't figure it out please help Thank you:confused:

1985 dodge D150 Pickup Charging problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1985 Dodge D150 Pickup with a 318 engine. I had the alternator loose and the hot wire shorted against the exhaust manifold and smoke came from the wiring harness on top of the fender in the engine compartment on the driver side. Now the alternator is not charging I had the alternator and...

94 chevy pickup truck [ 1 Answers ]

Radio wiring diagram for a 1994 chevy pickup truck

Slave cylinder 94 chevy pickup [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the cylinder but I have no clutch release at all,ican sit and pump the pedal and nothing happends

View more questions Search