RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Find, yes.
    Lose, no.
    Reject or deny, yes.
    dog_skyhigh Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Aug 18, 2007, 04:59 PM
    I like your answer, but would explain how they go about finding God?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Dog, I am not sure where you are coming from, you mention you are a bible scholar, and your profile shows you are a minister, even with a minister.com email address.

If you wish to discuss your belief on finding God, perrhaps you can tell us where you are coming from. And then we can get a open discussion going on it.

As for God, he is not hiding, it is always there, it is us that have wondered away from him. We merely need to ask for him and he will be there for us, and we have the bible as a guide back to him.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2007, 07:08 PM
    My question for you is that if you are a Bible scholar and a teacher, why this question? Or are you surveying other's responses?
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 18, 2007, 07:10 PM
    You can find god through prayer, church, the bible.
    Also, if you go looking for god, god will find you.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dog_skyhigh
    Can a person find or lose God? and how?

A person once finds the True and Only God, will work with all his strength to not let go of it.
    Some have strayed away from God,but few will willingly lose Him knowing Him well.
    But there are circumstances when a person may move away from the Almighty by committing sins knowingly that the Almighty has specifically asked to stay away from.

Here is my personal belief-
    God is Just. Hence evildoers and sinners must have their share of punishment and the virtuous, His bounties and favors.
    God's attribute of Mercy has full manifestation in His attribute of Justice. People suffering throughout their lives for His sake and people oppressing and exploiting other people all their lives should not receive similar treatment from their Lord.
    Expecting similar treatment for them will amount to negating the very belief in the accountability of man in the Hereafter and thereby negating all the incentives for a moral and virtuous life in this world.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 19, 2007, 06:22 AM
    In my opinion, no one finds God , but God finds you
    geowoman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2015, 08:12 AM
    From a purely Bible Viewpoint I offer these 2 scriptures and let them speak for themselves. The first is Acts 17:27 where the Apostle Paul was speaking to a crowd of people gathered in Athens. After seeing in their city they had a shrine engraved with the title "To A Unknown God", he recommended in verse 27 that "they seek God in order to find him.
    The second scripture is found in the Bible at Zephaniah chapter 2:3 The first two verses talks about the coming of God's Great Day then verse 3 encourages its readers to Seek God in order to be concealed or saved when that day arrives.

I therefore agree with what the Bible says, YES there is a need for one to seek God in order to find him and then to do his will.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2015, 08:12 PM
    2007 question, closed from future answers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What, who, where is GOD? [ 14 Answers ]

After seeing a movie my 4 year old is asking about GOD. How do you explain GOD to a 4 year old in terms he can understand?

God! [ 51 Answers ]

What does God look like? HANK :)

Is God Just One ? [ 42 Answers ]

In Christisn, as God; In Islam, as Allah; In Hindus, as Krisna... Why are there so many Gods ?

No god, and who is god [ 93 Answers ]

If there is no god why is it, and if there is a god who is he?

Where did God come from? [ 20 Answers ]

We are all Christians and attend church regularly. After service one Sunday my 8 yo comes to me and asks this question. Daddy, if God created the heavens and the earth, and all living creatures, etc. then who created God? If he had a Mommy and Daddy, where did they come from? I laughed......

View more questions Search