Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edensmimi Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Aug 18, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Filed INtent To Defend, Now CC company wants to settle Out of court
    First of all thank you to all who advised me on how to help my parents. I filed the Intent to Defend with the Court and also asked for a hearing and for the Credit Card company to provide the court and myself with proof of the original signed contract. My parents got 2 letters today, one from the Lawyer representing Chase asking them to contact the lawyer asap to discuss agreeable arrangements and how the Credit card company doesn't want to cause my parent any added expense such as court cost and to not cause them any further anguish, etc. We have not been notified as of yet about when the court date is, we do know they received our answer as we sent it certified and got our stamped copy of the filing from the court. What should we do? We also received some info from American Mediators asking to help us. Last week the lawyer sent us a copy of a letter they sent to the court asking the court to please keep in mind the distance they have to travel to come here and also try and meet this lawyers schedule. We have not heard anything about that from the court. Any suggestions as to what might be on their minds? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    PS
    I did send a copy of the intent to defend to the lawyer as well
    SnakeBite Posts: 68, Reputation: 4

Aug 19, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Contact the attorney and see what they want to settle out of court. They WILL want to put your parents on a payment plan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Answering intent to defend, serve a copy on plaintiff? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to the court today to file an intent to defend against a claim made by a collection agency Portfolio Recovery Associates, for an amount I do not believe I owe. The summons says "You are hereby required to file with the clerk of said court and to serve a copy on Plaintiff or...

Intent to Defend [ 2 Answers ]

I would like a sample form on filing a intent to defend

Court-Order to file Jointly, but spouse filed separately. [ 7 Answers ]

My friend is going through a divorce, and they had a court order to file taxes jointly. However, when my friend asked his wife about filing taxes together, and sharing the refund, she quickly filed taxes without him. Should he file taxes separately, or report it to the court that she broke...

How to take a company to small claims court [ 11 Answers ]

I didn't have much luck in 2004 with cars. We bought a car from my brother in Feb 2004 It needed work on it so we took it to Canadian Tire, At the time they put in a new battery and altinator and fixed the exhaust. They fixed the exhaust from the muffler up to the front of the engine. We were...

Judgement filed by credit card company [ 6 Answers ]

I was served with a summons on Oct 20 regarding a large credit card debt. I was given 30 days to respond to a PO box about this summons. I typed a letter & sent in it November. I received a letter from the collection agency yesterday stating I never responded to this summons. All I have is a...

View more questions Search