Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    opuscat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Sandy Koufax Rookie Card
    I have a Sandy Koufax rookie card in mint condition. Does anyone know what this could be worth? Found in my husband's childhood desk when cleaning out his mother's old house.
    Attached Images

J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 18, 2007, 07:40 AM
    I found it on Ebay going for as little as .99 and as much as $388

1955 Topps #123 Sandy Koufax Dodgers Rookie Card - (eBay item 250155619606 end time Aug-23-07 18:05:23 PDT)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2007, 11:57 AM
    I agree with J_9 as the prices can vary greatly depending on the age, condition and number of cards that were printed. You might also give the following sites a try in terms of finding a possible price:

Baseball Card | Value Price Guide | Selling Cards Worth

CollectSports - Baseball Card Price Guide, Sports Cards, Auctions, Collectibles, Trading Cards, Football Cards, Basketball Cards, Hockey Cards

But, your best bet is to actually take the card to a store that sells collector cards so that it can really be examined by someone there. Your card appears to be in really excellent condition from the picture that you have posted. However, it is still just a picture. A physical examination of the card is necessary in order to really determine a possible value.

Since this card is so old, I would also recommend putting it in hard plastic that is also available at card collecting stores.

What you found reminds me of gathering up all of my old baseball cards from my youth, many years ago, and wondering what they were worth. They were literally scattered all over in places around my home. "Gosh, there's the Mickey Mantle one that I remembered trading to get with a friend." "Oh, and there's a Hank Aaron." "I wonder what these would be worth now?"

I got a book at a bookstore on the subject. My jaw was dropping when I found out the possible values of the cards. I had a lot of cards. The most valuable ones, I put in hard plastic. The lesser valuable ones, I put in special soft plastic pages with pockets, in a three-ring binder.
    yankeefanmm7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 01:12 PM

Ill buy it for $10

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed hair brown, natural is sandy blonde, want it back. HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey to anyone interested in helping me, I'm a natural sandy blonde, and I wanted a change so I dyed my hair brown from a box. It turned out very natural and I don't mind the color but I'd like a change. I want to go back to my original color and then dye it lighter, like with very blonde...

How much is a rookie Dave Justice (Atlanta Braves)card worth? [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me how much this is worth?

Nolan Ryan Rookie Baseball Card [ 1 Answers ]

How much are Nolan Ryan rookie baseball cards worth?

Dirty sandy well water [ 2 Answers ]

Every once and a while our well water gets very diry with fine black sand. It just sems to happen. A day later it returns to clear and all seems all right. The holding tanks are coated with the sand and difficult to clean. Can you tell me what causes this and what I can do to stop it. I am...

Sandy material in water cooled A/C [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a condo where we have water cooled 3 ton heat pumps for each unit. We have a large cooling tower on the roof. Our building is 25 years old and about a quarter mile from the beach in Florida. My A/C shut down yesterday and when I restarted it it did the same after a few minutes. I...

View more questions Search