Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peters01alm Posts: 39, Reputation: -2

Aug 18, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Speech in chimpanzees
    Humans and the chimp are thought to be closest living relatives in the hierarchy of all living things on earth , they even share 99% genes. Why did not the chimp evolve the vocal cords that would enable them some form of human like speech ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Or perhaps they did, saw what evil it has caused and they stopped using them.

If there is really evolution, maybe they evolved from humans, think about it, they don't have to hold two jobs and pay mortgage and child support. They don't have divorce courts, law suits, police officers and taxes. They are not ashamed of their bodies and normally do what they want.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 20, 2007, 02:40 PM
    If we share 99% of our genes with chimps, then obviously that means that there is 1% that we don't share. That 1% is a lot of genes.

Actually much of the difference between humans and chimps is thought to be due to differences in the way these genes are regulated - that is, while both species may share a particular coding sequence in their DNA, the particular gene defined by that sequence may be "turned on" in one species and off in the other. Here's an article that describes how small changes in gene sequencing can result in major physiological differences between species:

ScienceDaily: Most Human-chimp Differences Due To Gene Regulation -- Not Genes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Examples of a Graduation Speech? [ 14 Answers ]

I would like an example of a graduation speech for grade eight.

A speech [ 8 Answers ]

I have attend a public speaking course... n my teacher ask me to talk about "what makes me a chinese"so I dun have any idea... :( n I ned tis on tis wed... plzz.. help me wit it... thankss:D

Motivational speech [ 2 Answers ]

I need to deliver a motivational speech to 50 Sales staff, The speech should last approx 5 minutes. Has anyone any stories that I could use to inspire and motivate my team to go out and achieve their targets.

What eat chimpanzees ? [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for detailed informations about what chimpanzees eat when living wildly in nature and would be glad for any indications.

Speech a drag [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I need some information about Christina Aguilera. You see, i'm doing a speech about her and i would greatly appreciate it if you helped out. This is what my speech sounds like now- Good afternoon, my name is (name here). A hero is a person who is willing to help other people or helps...

View more questions Search