Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Aug 17, 2007, 07:30 PM
    What will happen to my dog?
    What happens to animals other that humans when they die? Are they supposed to go to heaven or not? Why or why not?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Of course one persons heaven would be with dogs, another cats, another free of animals.

Since God created animals and loved them, I am sure he will have animals there, but our specific animals do not have souls and are not being saved or going to heaven as we do
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Animals have their reward here
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2007, 12:40 AM
    This is an interesting topic. If animals have their reward here, why don't we have our reward here also? I'm certainly enjoying being here :)
    buzzman Posts: 54, Reputation: 9

Aug 20, 2007, 01:37 AM
    It was explained to me this way... The soul is the "Seat of your personality". Animals most definitely have personalities, so they have a soul. What they lack is a spirit. The spirit is a gift from God that is exclusive to human beings only. It is this unique quality that has made us separate from any other living being on earth. God gave us dominion over all living creatures on the earth. I don't believe there is a heaven for animals. It is my understanding that it is the spirit that gives you the chance for heaven because it allows you the freedom to choose. Humans are the only ones capable of choosing right from wrong. I hope this helps.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Death is final for all plants and animals.

For some reason, it's usually Americans, people think that unpleasant events "shouldn't happen" to them, but they happen to everyone, we all suffer loss, terrible losses. The important thing is to know how to deal with losses of all kinds and not to be "destroyed" by them.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete
    animals have their reward here
    I find that statement hard to believe, Look at michael vicks animals. I hope that is not all they had to look forward to. How depressing.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Personally, I could not imagine a heaven without animals. If that's the case I don't want to go.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzman
    they lack is a spirit. The spirit is a gift from God that is exclusive to human beings only. It is this unique quality that has made us separate from any other living being on earth. God gave us dominion over all living creatures on the earth.
    This concept wouldn't sit well with the early occupants of this wedge of planet. They existed simply and symbiotically with a reverence for everything that was provided for them by their great spirit. They say the eagle and the bear, for example, to be wise because both the eagle and the bear weren't wasteful or arrogant, and only took what they required.

Aug 21, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    This concept wouldn't sit well with the original occupants of this wedge of planet. They existed simply and symbiotically with a reverence for everything that was provided for them by their great spirit. They say the eagle and the bear, for example, to be wise because both the eagle and the bear weren't wasteful or arrogant, and only took what they required.
    CaptainRich raises a good point. Why are we considered God's children when we are the most destructive race on the planet?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Because we can be his children not his pets. Since evil entered the world though sin, things have become preverted and destructive.

Aug 21, 2007, 07:22 PM
    But animals are only perverted and destructive if we interfere with them.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 07:25 PM
    I'm previously from Alaska. And I've hunted most of my life. I've enjoyed the opportunity to sit and watch animals in the wild, without the need to take.

Have you ever watched wolves hunt? And afterwards have a grand celebration, because their bellies were full? They're very social.

Or watched as two squirrels play games of tag or hide-and-seek? They have shown me their spirit.

We don't hold the corner on that term, spirit, just our version of the word.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is going to happen? [ 8 Answers ]

I filed a restraining order on my husband and took out an assault charge 10 days ago. Our court date is tomorrow. We have a house together that I am currently living in with our 2 kids. My lawyer just called and told me that his lawyer was going to have the restraining order case continued tomorrow...

What's going to happen. [ 1 Answers ]

I know there are two other threads asking about the same thing but my story is different... Okay lets see here... I'm almost 18 and I just turned my mom in for meth use/dealing to get my 3 year old sister out of a bad situation... My mom blamed the drugs on me... She had been using everyday heavily...

What will happen to me [ 1 Answers ]

Whaen will I get engaed? When will I get married? Where will he be from? Will he be from abroad?

Will Something Happen to Us [ 1 Answers ]

Well I'm 16 and I'm dating this guy that is 17 about to turn 18 in Jan. If we have been dating will I have to break up with him just because he is about to turn 18.

View more questions Search