Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Aug 17, 2007, 01:53 PM
    SoundMAX audio driver install. I'm lost!
    I successfully installed Windows XP Pro SP2 onto my new computer. I also installed my motherboard and video card successfully, but I'm hung up with the audio driver installation.

I have an ASUS P5B-VM motherboard, an ASUS NVidia EN8800GTS video card, and an Intel E6600 Dual-Core processor.

Whenever I go into the InstallWizard for the motherboard for the SoundMAX ADI1988 Audio Driver, I get the following error:

"The HDA Audio bus driver is required and not found."

I am stuck at this point. I've Googled for a solution, and the best response I found was here: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...age=2&count=16

It seems that it's a combination of a Microsoft Hotfix and a driver. I'm pretty sure I've got a 64bit setup, but I've already downloaded the kb888111.rar because it was the only one I could find.

More importantly, I don't know WHERE to install it and I still can't find the Hotfix. Once I find the Hotfix, I won't know where to install it, either.

Can anyone walk me through the steps, please? I'd be very appreciative!

HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Aug 19, 2007, 09:52 AM
    I am using the same motherboard and cpu. In the bios settings change the audio type to the other selection. I believe the choices was AC-97 audio or HD audio. Change it to HD audio.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Aug 25, 2007, 01:39 PM
    I fixed it, but the sound quality wasn't what I was looking for after spending so much on top-o-the-line gear for the rest of my rig.

So I went out and bought a SoundBlaster card and was done with it. But I definitely thank you for the assist... you were the only one to help me :)
    maddancerakagungyal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 02:15 PM
    I need an had drive and it says not found I do I get it
    maddancerakagungyal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 02:16 PM
    What do I do to get an had driver audio driver it keeps saying not found
    ezeem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 08:29 AM
    I have the same issue but never found the solution, then I borrow the startup kit(6 cds) from my friend and restore the system as company default then every thing working properly... but its take a more then three hours :(
    ezeem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 08:44 AM
    Hi All

Dear users I also face a problem regarding audio but successfully I got it with factory default setting..
    Now follow the steps then u can fixed your PC easily.
    First download the file

Kb888111xp2en.exe
    From
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-65456.html

Run this before install your audio.remember you have service pack 2 installed, then run your driver setup and restart your computer and have fun...
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SoundMAX,HDA bus driver, and multimedia audio controller [ 3 Answers ]

Wassup, I deleted those programs and lost sound on my computer.. says"no sound card, missing soundMAX or need multimedia audio controller to work" and a bunch of other bull.. tried downloading these programs off the internet but still doesn't work.. need help on fixing the problem or what I can do...

SoundMax Hd Audio [ 2 Answers ]

Please help. I have a Asus M2N-MX motherboard and a AMD X2 processor. The motherboard is having a integrated "SoundMax High definition Audio". The problem is after installing the sound drivers from my Motherboard support disk, the audio will play for some time (generally less than 30 min and...

Pci Audio Driver [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can download this driver? My sound device isn't working after formatting.

View more questions Search