Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Aug 17, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Is the GED hard?
    Yea I have to take a ged. Is this hard? Im scared I will fail and waste 50$ I've never been able to get A's. C-D's is me. I have a hard time keeping things in my head or understanding. But is this test hard?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 12:38 PM
    I work in a public library. Go to one in your area (or let me know if you absolutely can't do that) and check out a GED study guide. In that book are test-taking strategies and sample tests. (DON'T mark up the library book. Copy the tests you want.) Ask someone to help you if you can't find the guides--they are really there.

Taking timed sample tests will tell you how you will do for the real thing and will also tell you what you need to brush up on.

How much hs did you finish?
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 17, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Rayne,

Here's a link to a GED test practice website. There are several free questions you can look at to get a feel for the test. Click on the "start practice test" button at the bottom center of the screen. There are test materials you can purchase as well, but the free questions will give you a feel for the exam.

Good luck. :)

GED Practice.com
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Aug 17, 2007, 01:08 PM
    I finished almost all of hs. I quit 2 months before it ended. Maybe 1 month not sure. I have a Ged book, just hate studying. I've been looking at practice tests online the last hour, and I see I got a 50% thus far lol.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Aug 17, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    I finished almost all of hs. I quit 2 months b4 it ended. Maybe 1 month not sure. I have a Ged book, just hate studying. I've been looking at practice tests online the last hour, and i see i got a 50% thus far lol.
    I went for my GED, and I only made it to the tenth grade. Not because I was stupid or anything, just poor choices in life. In my location, they had GED classes where there was a teacher in an actual classroom (this was in the elementary school at the time)incase you were in need of assistance in certain areas in certain subjects. You would study online, then take tests. You could leave anytime you wished;however, I stayed for about two months. Passed beautifully. Then went to a vocational business school for six months. (Have a grrrrrrreat job now)Anyway, point is, study. I'm not sure if anything has changed, but I believe there is a certain percentage you have to maintain in each course in order to pass, but the MAIN one to study in on is the writing of your essay. As much as you hate to study, please find it within yourself to do so. Online is a great way. So good for you! Keep it up, believe me, you will be so proud of yourself because you are allowing yourself to have an even brighter future (just in case, God forbid, you don't make it with your man.);)
    jac1990 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 05:07 AM
    I sort of have the same problem I am visualy impaired and when I was in elementery my school decided to put me in specail ed classes and there is nothing wrong with me becides my vision when I was in junior high they took me out of it and I did OK but when I made to high school things went down hill and it really messed me up I didn't know anything the school helped me get through most of they had a second teacher helping the kids like me but the school took them out of the classes because they thought it was to easy so then I had no help and 3 months before I was suppost to graduate I dropped out because I still needed to many credits and now I am going to get my ged and I am worried about taking the test and not passing it I want to go to college I would have had to go to community college anyway sort it kind of works out but anyway good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

GED test [ 4 Answers ]

I have been taking practice test online for the G.E.D and passing. If I pass the pre test do I still have to take the actuall test?

Education on Ged [ 1 Answers ]

Can Someone Tell Me Any Free Material On Line About Ged Or On It.

Ged [ 1 Answers ]

Help me have my ged free online please thank you

Is ged a good idea? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm a freshman and I guess I don't do good in school... well I definitely don't do goodthis quarter I got n u u n u u f and last quarter I got a 57 average and only passed one class( the way my school works is the firrst quarter of every term you get alpha grades like S G E U or N) and my mom...

View more questions Search