Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pao Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2005, 10:36 AM
    What cleanser and moisturizer is best for oily skin?
    Hello to all,

I am using acne aid cleansing bar and I can say, it is effective in cleaning my face but after an hour my face returned to oily condition. I have heard that dermatologist discouraged people to use acne aid bar because it aggrevate acne on face. How true is it?
    I am also using st. ives collagen elastin moisturizer with vit. c, it is very effective in moisturizing the skin. The only problem, my skin will returned to oily state again after 1 hour. What shall I do? What is best for oily skin and acne prone skin? Do you have anything to offer?
    I tend to break out on my chin area and I applied benzac ac 5%, it dried up pimples but tend to return again after 1 week. Please share you skin care regimens.

Thanks
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Aug 24, 2005, 08:06 AM
    Hello
    I have combination skin & I advise you to try Purezone by L'oreal. It worked for me. If your acne is so bad, why don't you try Proactive. My cousins & brother use that to clear up their pimples & I think they have really good products. Do not believe that all infomercials are trash!

Aug 24, 2005, 10:17 PM
    Loreal pure zone is not effective
    Hi,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts but loreal purezone is not good in clearing pimples. I have tried purezone anti-blemish gel and it made my pimples red and it never dried out. Their claims was misleading to the consumers. Benzac ac of galaderma is good in drying out pimples and you should try it, although it will never permanently eradicate your pimples.
    I think pro active is too expensive and some people have negative feedbacks about that product.

What is the best cream that can fade out red marks left by pimples?

Aug 25, 2005, 12:47 AM
    Hi Pao! Sorry to hear that Purezone did not work for you. I bought the whole system last year & it did work for me. As they say, different strokes for different folks. As for creams to diminish redness of pimples.. hmmm... have you tried those Chinese pearl creams? They are cheap but that's what I use when I do get pimples that scarred. I put it on top of the scar/pimple every night & in 2 weeks time, the hyperpigmentation is all gone. There is this great product I have tried last week. Its called Eskinol Pimple Gel. I think it has salicylic acid. It did clear the pimple I had for nearly a month now by just applying it overnight.

Aug 27, 2005, 01:01 AM
    I am happy for the result in you
    Hi,

May I know what kind of chinese pearl cream did you applied on your face? As we all know, there are many chinese pearl creams circulating around and we must validate, which is safe and toxic free to use. May I know, what is the brand name? I am happy for the good result in you. The only thing I am very hesitant to use pearl cream, it is because you look like a mummy. Hehe! It also stain pillow cases. Right?

Aug 27, 2005, 06:50 AM
    Lol. Yup, It really does make you look like a mummy! So I suggest you use it only at night. My pillows are colored so it does not look stained. Renow D & Mena are good choices since they contain the least oil in my opinion.

Aug 27, 2005, 08:31 AM
    Hi,

Have you heard about BEANNE PEARL CREAM (GREEN) many have testified that is very effective in clearing skin. It is better than renow d or mena and you should give it a shot since you are comfortable of using pearl creams. :-)

Aug 27, 2005, 09:09 AM
    Nope, haven't heard of it. Where do I get it?

Aug 27, 2005, 09:56 PM
    It is available in chinese drugstores or better went to china town nearby your place. I do not know, why chinese people are so great in making those pearl creams and even americans now are very curious of trying it.
    You can try to search the package of beanne pearl cream at google.com just to know the appearance of it.
    If you also like, there are a wide variety of yoko pearl cream products available, either for whitening or anti-blemish. It is made in thailand and it is also exported worldwide. Here is the link of the yoko cream.
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/sterling...oenqheexc.html
    clementina25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2005, 06:57 AM
    Hi
    I have also an oily skin and until few months ago I was very confused about what products should I try to make my skin look better. I tried almost all the possible products made specially for oil skin but no product was efficient enough. In the same period a friend recommended me a line of products based on plant extracts and also vegetable oils. This ingredients have excellent absorbent powers that works to remove oils and toxins from skin and also tighten the pores. I tried them and I was more than satisfied with the results. More informations about this products you find by visiting this site:
    http://www.aslaskin.com/ProductLineD...spx?Category=5
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2005, 08:39 AM
    I suffer with oily skin. I have tried alsorts of products - the one that's works for me is Clinique. Expensive but effective. We always get the free little gift packs when they have special offers. I use their make up to - it leaves my skin all soft & shiny and it really does belnd in with my skin tone. I don't look like I have oily skin or makeup on using Clinque. My mum is the very same and also usus Clinique.
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2005, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pao
    hello to all,

i am using acne aid cleansing bar and i can say, it is effective in cleaning my face but after an hour my face returned to oily condition. i have heard that dermatologist discouraged people to use acne aid bar because it aggrevate acne on face. how true is it?
    i am also using st. ives collagen elastin moisturizer with vit. c, it is very effective in moisturizing the skin. the only problem, my skin will returned to oily state again after 1 hour. what shall i do? what is best for oily skin and acne prone skin? do you have anything to offer?
    i tend to break out on my chin area and i applied benzac ac 5%, it dried up pimples but tend to return again after 1 week. please share you skin care regimens.

thanks

I went to a dermatologist before. And my 3 pimples started to multiply! She gave me tons of stuff to buy, and what to buy. Though there was one thing I always remember her saying, which is true. If you keep on touching your face, it will get irritated, thus you'll have breakouts. It's natural for your face to be oily. It's better that it does, you won't age as fast as those who has dry skin types. What you do is buy the "oil free" kinds. And NEVER use anything with alcohol in it. It dries up your skin, and will give you more acne problems. You only wash your face 2x a day. And when you're out, make sure you have some make up on your face. I recommend pressed powder. Coz foundation seeps into your skin. Is very hard to take out every single thing off your skin, which would give you a breakout in time. And use those oil control papers, they really work. It only takes out the excess oils. So it won't dry up your skin. Coz you didn't wash your face. I hope this helps you
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2005, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ 'H'
    I suffer with oily skin. I have tried alsorts of products - the one thats works for me is Clinique. Expensive but effective. We always get the free little gift packs when they have special offers. I use their make up to - it leaves my skin all soft & shiny and it really does belnd in with my skin tone. I don't look like I have oily skin or makeup on using Clinque. My mum is the very smae and also usus Clinique.
    Which ones from clinique?
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2005, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jacki1982
    Which ones from clinique?
    You want to try:

Clinque:
    Exfoliating Scrub

Clarifying Lotion &

Dramatically different moisturing lotion (its in a pump bottle and it's yellow).

Did you want to know about the make up too??
    leimei Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 12:29 PM
    I have a slightly oily t-zone and there has been a noticeable decrease in the overall oiliness of my skin since I started using the pH Balanced Moisturizer from Made from Earth skincare line. I would recommend this and a face wash in conjunction if you have oily skin.

I use my face wash in the shower and then apply the PH Balanced Moisturizer when I get out.
    fiona221989 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 11:37 AM
    This renow-d is great highly recommended look on eBay this is really works trust me even u have oily skin but its work for just 1 month your scar will be clearing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get oily hair? Vaseline? [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone ever heard of people using vaseline (petroleum jelly?) for hair to make it look oily and shiny? Gel and mousse dry too fast. The oil-based hair products are so expensive for a little bottle. How does people get the oily hair look? I like the shiny and semi-wet look.

The perils of oily skin! [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, so, I wake up in the morning to find my face very oilly, mainly round my nose. I presume this means I have oilly skin? I ask because Ive had so much medication because I used to be quite worried about my acne, and I've heard that medication can make dry skin actially act oilly, as it over...

Oily Hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have Indian(Asian) hair. It is naturally straight. It gets oily very fast. Is there anything I can do about it besides washing more frequently? Thanks for any suggestions!

Oily SKin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having trouble w/ oily skin, large pores and adult acne. I cannot control it at all. I'll try a new product and it will do good for about a week, then my face becomes prone to it and not work at all. I have Epilepsy and am on excessive amounts of medication and magnesium. I'm being...

Do Pore Cleanser with Mist work?. [ 1 Answers ]

Do the Pore Cleanser with Mist work?. do it remove white head from the nose? And other areas?. please if you know can you please let me know! Or if you know of anything that can remove white heads from the nose can you let me know! Thanks!! :)

View more questions Search