Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    racuss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2005, 10:50 PM
    Turn on Recycle Bin in Windows XP
    Some time ago I used a tweaking program to delete files directly rather than going into the Recycle Bin. I don't remember the name of the program and don't have it anymore. I would now like to reverse this situation so that deleted files go into the Recycle Bin. I would be grateful for advice on how to do this.

Thanks

Racuss
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2005, 03:11 AM
    Turn off Recycle Bin
    Hi,
    Here is a link:

http://www.winxpfix.com/page32-Recyc...ps.htm#turnoff

Scroll down to "How to turn off the recycle bin", and left click on it.
    It will take you to the bottom of the page. It shows how to turn off the recycle bin.
    Then, to turn it back on, just follow the steps and uncheck "turn off".
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2005, 04:47 AM
    From this site, http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, here is a registry editing file to "Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP": http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...recyclebin.reg

Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt.
    racuss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2005, 03:30 AM
    Turning on the recycle bin
    Thank you both for the suggestions which I have applied, but sadly without beneficial effects.

Any further suggestions, please?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recycle Bin [ 4 Answers ]

I'm using Windows 2000. For some unknown reason I am not able to access my Recycle bin. The icon shows up on the desktop and it shows up on my "C" drive in the Windows Explorer, but when I go to click on it nothing happens. If I right click on the icon, under Properties it says "the properties for...

Using dos to turn off auto restart on error with windows 2000 pro [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to change the auto restart on error from dos with windows 2000 pro. When I log on with the imported username from the old os, (there was no password) the machine "applys user setttings" then immidiatly logs off! And asks me for the username and password and goes...

How Can I Recycle These Peanuts For Squirrels? [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I have some shelled peanuts, but they are salted. Do you have any advice on how I can feed them to the squirrels, how to DESALT them? Is this possible? THANKS.

Virus? Recycle bin issues [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes. I'm running a HP Pavilion a612x, with XP home OS. Up until a week ago there were no problems, then all of the sudden I noticed that after emptying the recycle bin, the icon still showed files in it. When opening the bin there is nothing...

Recycle Bin [ 1 Answers ]

I can't empty my Recycle Bin. Error Deleting File or Folder Cannot Remove Folder Logs(2); Access denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected andthat the file is not currently in use. How do you get rid of it?

View more questions Search