Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyle22 Posts: 10, Reputation: 4

Aug 16, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Building a website
    I don't know if this is were I would ask but it seemed like the best place. So my question is how do I make a web site its for a clan of mine on rainbow six vegas for the ps3 so I want to make it look cool but don't know how to make it help me if you can
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 16, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Try www.freewebs.com. You can do a great deal there, and it's easy to use.

XenoSapien
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2007, 04:45 AM
    If you're looking for free, here's a big list of free providers: free websites hosting
    timbo123 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Aug 17, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle22
    i dont know if this is were i would ask but it seemed like the best place. so my question is how do i make a web site its for a clan of mine on rainbow six vegas for the ps3 so i want to make it look kewl but dont know how to make it help me if u can
    If you are looking to have your own domain name i.e. www.your-clan.com, you can do so quite inexpensively I usually use Aplus.Net it costs about $8 per year for the name. Then you can find a good cPanel hosting company and pay about $10 per month for hosting.

With the software that cPanel will self install, you can use something like Mambo, or Joomla which can be very easily skinned with lots of cool FREE video game themes. It allows for user registration, discussion boards and tons of other neat tricks, all that can be managed without a great deal of expertise. This is actually how most clan sites I have seen are setup.

From one gamer to another...

Cheers - Tim
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Also check out the OSWD free/open website...
    site designer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 09:02 PM

Try Blink Web or Wix, their easy to manage free website (or blog) has cool features that include drag and drop capability, switch designs on the fly, YouTube and Google video, custom html, upload images, flikr photo gallery, visitor stats and more. You can also buy a new domain instantly, or host your existing domain for free and make it your own (Welcome to Windows Small Business Server 2003)

If your looking for something more advanced but still user friendly then try XsitePro, Site Builder Designs or Calvary Studios, they have everything you need in building your own website: domain name registration or domain transfer, web hosting, web builder, site maintenance and email accounts. Everything is laid out in an easy to follow step by step instruction. Some of the features included enable you to add your own themes, videos, images or mp3 music making your site unique to you. Pricing is comparable and affordable too.

I hope that I was of some help and answered your question.
    zelgay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 12:42 AM

Any body please guid me in joomla I have the joomla but same things I can't edit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Office building [ 2 Answers ]

We are going to buy a lot to build an office building on it. Existings are 3 big ? What are the procedures from testing the soil to building the building? How do we do phase 1 environmental report? Do you know a company who in an expert in this in los angeles, California? Existing on the...

Building Products [ 3 Answers ]

Where Can I Find Bathroom Paneling That Can Be Applied Directly To Studding And Who Makes It? In This Bathroom Am Fighting For Space. Wall Thichness Is Everything And Can't Be Over 1/4 Inch.

Building a website help! [ 6 Answers ]

I need to start a website to inform about a professional service. I won't be collecting information or anything like that. I merely want four tabs of basic information, like Home, Services, Bio, Contact. Forgive my ignorance, but what do I do? If I buy a domain name, what is my next step? ...

Building a Vivarium [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Folks, It's a long shot but I'm hoping that there is someone out there who can help me. Firtsly I'm no carpenter so don't know joins etc, but can usually do what I want. I am going to build a vivarium for the living room and need some help/advice. I intend to build I out of the laminate...

Building PC [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Looking to build my own PC - Did 1st build with a very smart friend. Now ready to go on my own. Any websites out there that can help? Thanks Stu

View more questions Search