Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpv2126 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 01:33 PM
    John Adams High School Accreditation
    Hi,
    I received my high school diploma online through a school called John Adams High School, the school is accredited by different accreditors. I am not familiar with what type of accreditations colleges will accept, and I am hoping someone who is familiar with this can help me. The school is accredited with National Commission of Accredited
    Schools, Washington, DC. This is also on their website in regards to their program being accredited:I
    S John Adams High School Accredited?

A. John Adams High School is fully accredited by:

National Commission of Accredited Schools
    Farragut Office Center
    1725 I Street NW
    Suite 300
    Washington District of Columbia 20006

We are also registered with the Florida Department of Education and the Florida State Department. All course of instruction is taught by State Licensed Teachers. We comply with all State and Federal Regulations. Our student population resides in all regions of the world, and at last count, residing in over 60 nations. ALL of our services are conducted via electronic delivery means, with NO RESIDENCY requirements. This is the reason we can do what we do for such reasonable fees. The idea of centralized government control over higher education in the United States was rejected in favor of a system of voluntary regional accreditation organizations. Membership in any one of the several U.S. accrediting associations is strictly voluntary. These regional accrediting associations are privately owned and operated and are NOT owned or operated by the U.S.
    Government or the U.S. Department of Education. John Adams High School has partnered with FLVS to provide curriculum and instruction for our students. The Florida Virtual School is a recognized leader in online education and is fully accredited by CITA (Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation) and (SACS) Southern Association Council on Accreditation and School Improvement

I wish someone could verify if any of these accreditors are worthy for me to be accepted to a college? Please help!!
    Thank you!
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Aug 16, 2007, 01:58 PM
    From there website:

We cannot guarantee who will accept your JAHS diploma. We know there is a high level of acceptance for the JAHS diploma and credits, but acceptance is not up to us; it is the decision of the other party. Acceptance levels for a JAHS diploma has been strong.

I don't think anyone can tell you what schools will accept a diploma from here.
    paulat77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Is john adams high school miami an accredit institute.
    paulat77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 06:32 PM
    Is John Adams high school Miami an accredit intitute.
    MingleScape Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 04:54 PM
    I just read a lot of their info, and one thing stood out as a red flag. The link that they provide, that's shows they are registered in Florida takes you to an actual "florida dept of education" website. And looks impressive.. HOWEVER if you continue to browse that site, you will see where ANY school can be registered there, as it is more of a "SURVEY" and also states " NO SCHOOL MAY USE THEIR INCLUSION ON THIS REGISTERY TO IN ANYWAY IMPLY THEY ARE ACCREDITED, ACCEPTED, OR APPROVED BY THE STATE OF FLORIDA DEPT. OF EDUCATION. There is also a list od acredidation agencies that are approved and accepted by Florida, and the one that Jhon Adams claims, IS NOT LISTED.
    Athrunxala Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 12:57 PM
    If you need a school with accreditation check out http://www.luonline.com. It's the school I've been attending for a while now, it's full accredited so you have nothing to worry about on that part. Give it a look I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
    singlechik2006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 12:50 AM
    Can you receive a diploma with your school your attending (luonline)?
    slp66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 12:26 PM
    The accreditation societies they use are their own created versions of a truly accredited school. John Adams in Miami, PA and FL are NOT accredited and you will have problems getting into college with this Diploma Mill diploma..
    jpv2126 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 04:00 PM
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to follow up and tell everyone that my local community college accepted my John Adams High School transcripts. I am doing very well-I have a 4.0 and am thankful for institutions like John Adams to help me pursue higher education. I will be transferring to a university next year!
    purpleblossom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 12:15 AM
    jpv2126

Hello, could I just print out the transcript online on my profile or do I have to order it, thanks, I have uses john adams too, but have not yet decided to go forth with college since I don't won't to be embarrassed when or if they don't except it, thank you, I'm glad yours worked, gives me more hope now
    whoknowswhat2do Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Well I've tried to get in to law inforcement with mine and they said the diploma I paid over 200.00 for was no good at all .so I feel cheated

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Going Into High School! [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 13 years old and I'm going into High School. I am the youngest person in my grade and this means that I will be the youngest in the school, I'm a little intimidated, does anyone have any advice on what to do?

What is a high school [ 8 Answers ]

What is a high school

High school diploma [ 2 Answers ]

I gradutated from a christian home school in San Diego,Ca. in 1991. I am looking for a way to find the school or find a web site to locate my diploma.

Did John Stamos' Band Perform at a Orange County High School [ 1 Answers ]

I need help from the general public on this one! My girfriend's sister best friend says John Stamos and his band played at her 1984 high school prom. I've known her to tell some big whopper lies in the past, but I'm feeling some truth in her story this time. I think the high school was Saddle Back...

View more questions Search