Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rubinwolf Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea
    Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying because my backup problems don't happen all the time. 3 times in a 4 month period. And when it does backup from my floor drain its about the amount of water from 2 toilets. Before the backup occurs bubbles came from toilets and then water dissappeared from 2 toilets? Is this the water that comes out of my floor drain?
    xxluvmexxhatemexx Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 29, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rubinwolf
    Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see??? I personally think the plumber is lieing because my backup problems dont happen all the time. 3 times in a 4 month period. And when it does backup from my floor drain its about the amount of water from 2 toilets. Before the backup occurs bubbles came from toilets and then water dissappeared from 2 toilets?? Is this the water that comes out of my floor drain??
    Bad I guess
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 30, 2008, 04:50 AM
    Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is?
    Luv made a good guess. I'm amazed that the plumber didn't send a camera through the line to see what's up down there. Don't do anything until you know for sure just what you're facing. Yes, the sewer line can be sleeved without tearing up the parking lot but first you have to get your ducks in a row and know exactly what you're dealing with. If your plumber can't handle this then get another plumber. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair dye on highlighted hair? Good or bad idea [ 3 Answers ]

hiyaaa!!! i normally get my hair done at the hairdressers, blond highlights using foils. my roots are so bad at the moment and I can't afford to have them done so today after work (finish at 3) im going to tesco's to buy a hair dye... is this a bad idea dying highlighted hair??? would it be...

Dumped him but want him. Maybe not a good idea. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, After dealing with so much heart break in my one year relationship with my boyfriend, I decided I need to look for some help and came upon this forum. I was with my boyfriend for about a year. I told him in the beginning that I was looking to get into a meaning relationship that could...

Bad Idea ? [ 10 Answers ]

Im currently spending some time with a guy I meet through friends. He is 19 and I am 16- is this too much of a gap ? He is out working and living his life and I am still in high school. The other half of it was that he was married at 18 to a girl and 4 5 months after they got pregnant. They...

Is nursing a good idea [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I always wanted to be a surgeon, but I know it takes time to be that. So I was thinking that I go to college and become a nurse and get a job that pays good with nursing and continue my studies to be a surgeon. Is that a good idea am not sure so help me out here please :confused:

View more questions Search