Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Aug 16, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Less movement?
    I would like to know if any one else has had a pregnancy in which the baby moved very little in the third trimester. I worry because I had a very nice amount of movement late in the second trimester and now early in the third movement is rare. The doctor tells me to try sugar or caffeine to stimulate movement. It does not work. Still every time I go to the doctor his heart beat is fine and I measure on time. I’m scared his life line is being blocked by a knot or something and that is why he is less active. I’m thin so I though I would feel more then most people. Oh I also have an anterior placenta….however I still don’t understand the decrees in what I felt a month ago. Does any one know what’s going on?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 12:03 PM
    How far are you exactly? If you are very late in pregnancy, he probably has already flipped head down, and your uterus will actually keep him from moving around too much. If you are very active during the day, moving around a lot and what not, he is probably sleeping. Do you notice any activity at night? If the baby is cramped inside, he simply may not have the room to move. I would try to play music to the baby, see if he becomes active. Lay on your side and slightly wigle your bump see if it jostles him. If the heartrate continues to stay strong, I would not worry. The baby would show obvious signs of stress if there were a blockage. Good luck!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Great advice alkalineangel. At this point, you should be keeping a fetal movement diary.(Professionals For Women's Health - Fetal Movement Chart) Try laying down on your left side for half an hour, after you have eatten or drank sugary COLD drinks.(for example, up to 8oz of orange juice) You should have at least 4 movements in one hour(this includes fluttering movements as well, not just kicks)a lot of his movements may just be taking place while you are sleeping. Most babies wait to become active until night, when you are trying to sleep, as you are laying still, and your movements aren't lulling him to sleep.(my second boy would be quiet most of the day, and then beat my insides all night long ;0) I don't really agree with the caffeine suggestion, but that is just me. Sugary stuff tends to do to your baby, what it does to most toddlers hah, getting them a bit hyper. And if it is a cold drink, it helps to wake them up as well.perhaps you just have a mellow baby. Most likely things are just getting cramped in there and its much harder to feel wild movement like in the second trimester, where baby still had room for somersaults and other acrobatics. Good luck.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Aug 17, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Thanks... :) oh I am 28.5 weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bowel Movement is too hard [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is 13 years old. She is having a hard with getting rid of her bowel movement so she drags her behind. What can I do to help her?

Movement every 3 days [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently 18 weeks 5 days pregnant and I am consistently feeling movement about ever 3 days. I feel the baby move about 3 or so times a day on the days I do feel movement. I know some woman do not feel anything till 20 weeks; however, I wonder is it normal for me to feel movement and then feel...

Bowel movement [ 3 Answers ]

Lately, but very sporatically, my bowel movements have been almost pure liquid. I don't think it is diarrhea because it is very random, and only happens once then stops. This is gross, but as soon as I go to the bathroom, it just comes out. I didn't know if it was just my digestive system being...

Movement of earth [ 2 Answers ]

Can I know something about the movement of earth?

Cast Iron movement [ 8 Answers ]

My son and I have decided to build out a bathroom in our basement. With some advice of others we're doing pretty good but now we've gotten to fitting the toilet and shower drains to what our design it. All along we thought we had PVC drains but they turn out to be Cast Iron. Both have a pipe...

View more questions Search