Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wvmamachick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2004, 06:27 PM
    CD ROM driver
    I recently had my CD driver replaced. It worked fine for a few weeks, then :-/, but now when I start up I get this message:"unable to detect ATAPI IDE CD ROM---device driver not loaded." What's up with this? Do I need to replace the driver again? I have defragmented, scanned the disc, and ran the virus scan none of this helped!? I have a Compaq 5451 and the CD drive I just put in is AOpen-52X and nero burning ROM
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 6, 2004, 10:14 PM
    Re: CD ROM driver
    If you can see text when te computer first boots, see if there is anything that says ATAPI or CD or anything like that. If it is there, it means that at least eh computer is recognising that there is a CD drive there.

Also, if you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the new CD drive? I went through a few different cheap CD drives before I decided to get a little more expensive one. The cheap ones are usually very low quality. When you say it worked fine at first, it makes me think maybe you got a CD drive that was cheaply made.

Also, is it still under warranty? If it is, see if you can get the manufacturer to diagnose the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DX9 Level driver. [ 9 Answers ]

Can anybody please help? I've installed a game from a CD rom, but when I try to play the game, I'm getting a message I need a DX9 level driver. Can any body tell me if I can download this driver, and where do I get it from? Thanks for any help. Nobsdad.

Modem driver [ 6 Answers ]

I'm looking for a driver for my modem.. it's a Motorola FM-56pci/mt-us.

Driver [ 1 Answers ]

I have a epson printer epson STYLUS PHOTO 785EPX THE computer went down and my Cd for the driver I LOST and can't find a driver that I can download for xp I check the web for the driver and cannot find it. :-[

Driver required [ 1 Answers ]

Hi folks, Will any one help me getting driver for my pci multimedia audio device Which is named 82801db/dbl AC ' 97 audio controller , vendor intel corporation. I am using win 98 SE

View more questions Search