Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 07:13 AM
    What do I get my husband as a wedding gift?
    My husband and I eloped about a month ago. We are having a party for all the family, kind of a laid back reception :) I am at a loss as to what to get him as a wedding gift from me??

Any ideas?? :confused:
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 16, 2007, 07:33 AM
    We didn't exchange anything as a wedding gift, but for my groomsmen we bought them tickets to a pro-baseball game. That went over so well, DH got jealous that we've never gone so I bought him a pair for his birthday a few weeks ago. ;)

I thought for a guy, the memory of going to the game will stand out more than something that will sit on a shelf.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 07:36 AM
    I agree with Learning, guys don't generally like "stuff" like we girls do.

The baseball tickets are a great idea - or maybe just a gift certificate to a swanky restaurant that you can both enjoy.

I remember buying my husband a gift for our wedding, but I don't remember what it is now!
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Aug 16, 2007, 12:01 PM
    I would say honestly just ask him what he wants. Girls like to be surprised but guys... well they want what they want. Just tell him "This is how much I can spend.... What would you have me get you?" or if you want it to be somewhat of a "surprise" then ask him to give you a list or name off a good amount of suggestions and go off that... Works with my guy all the time..
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Aug 16, 2007, 12:04 PM
    tαke up Tαntrα yogα! Then show him :)

Greαtest gift you cαn give α guy!
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 16, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Men love anything having to do with sports, food and/or sex.

If he loves golf, get him a new driver. Football: preason tickets. Baseball: definitely tickets. Learning is a genius for thinking of this. If he loves sports and you don't have a nearby team, the MADDEN 08 just came out on PS3 and Xbox. However, I would shy away from that if you think he may play it too often.

I flew my husband (and me) to Vegas.
    padmapatak Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 10:57 PM
    You can gift him a pair of shoes or casuals as a wedding gift
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2010, 06:04 PM

One classic item is a quality watch with a personal inscription on the back. My mother gave my dad a watch 52 years ago and he still wears it every day. Another possibility would be a high quality pen like a Mont Blanc, which is engraved with his name, or a pen/pencil set. This is most appropriate for a business man who wears a sport coat, as that's where they are usually carried. An elegant pocket knife is another option. If your husband is a less formal guy, think about what he really enjoys and what would last him a long time. I like the sport ticket idea for a gift but kind of feel like there are very few occasions when men receive something really special to keep for a lifetime - graduation and their wedding day are about it - and I think men are more sentimental than we give them credit for.
    Orienn Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2011, 08:32 AM
    I asked my future hubby, his reply was "i don't need a wedding gift, because YOUR my weddig gift"
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 12:43 PM

Old thread - from 2007. I'm sure the problem is solved by now.
    Orienn Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2011, 03:38 PM
    Thank you Judykaytee.. just throwing my 2 cents in there knowing it's an old post, was only because I happened to stumble upon this thread looking for something for my hubby to be.. even though he wanted nothing.. Sigh..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding gift [ 2 Answers ]

If you do not attend the wedding is it okay to spend less money on a gift than if you were to attend the reception? If so, what percentage less would be acceptable?

$ Wedding Gift $ [ 16 Answers ]

My sister is getting married very soon. She and her fiancé have suggested that guests give a gift in the form of a donation of money towards their honeymoon, as they have already been living together for some years and are all set up. (They made this suggestion on the invitations in a most polite...

Monetary wedding gift [ 6 Answers ]

What would be the proper monetary wedding gift as a member of the wedding party?

Gift for neighbors wedding? [ 6 Answers ]

We were invited to our neighbors wedding this week. The wedding is less then 2 weeks away. We are going, but my question is... what is an appropriate gift? These are neighbors that live a few doors down and that we have only had a few casual conversations with over that past 4 years we've lived...

Wedding Gift Registry [ 5 Answers ]

Hello All, My fiancée and I are in a bit of a quandary. We are to be married in 6 months and have already gotten plenty of prompting from friends and family to register. We have obliged, now, by going and registering at two different companies. However, with both sites, we have about 60 items...

View more questions Search