Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevew72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2005, 08:47 AM
    A/C drainage pipe clogged
    The pipe that my ac condensation goes to keeps over filling if the AC is on for a certain amount of time. I assume it is clogged, can I just use a liquid to clean this, thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 22, 2005, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevew72
    the pipe that my ac condensation goes to keeps over filling if the AC is on for a certain amount of time. I assume it is clogged, can I just use a liquid to clean this, thanks.
    Hi Steve,
    In my area we run our AC condensate lines out of 3/4" PVC and terminate them outside the house to drip on the ground. AC condensate lines grow a kind of jelly in them and stop up. When that happens we clear the line out by shooting compressed air through the line and then closing off the end, filling the line up with bleach and letting it set for a few hours and then blowing it out again. Hope this helps with your problem. Good luck, Tom
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2005, 09:11 AM
    Best thing is to blast it out with air if you can. Might try a garden hose. The liquids might work. Poking a wire down it may do it too. Once open, pour some bleach down it to kill the yuck that builds up. If it necks down from 3/4 ID to 1/2, and has very many elbows, reroute it with 3/4'' all the way and as few of elbows as possible.
    eg007 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2005, 01:25 PM
    I've cleared the flex drain line before by sticking the end of it in the end of a small shop vac and sealing around it with my hand while the vac does it's thing. Works pretty good... I've heard of using a small amount of bleach in the little sump resovoir to kill that gunk too.
    joecooling Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2010, 10:29 PM
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMightyPump
    joecooling Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2010, 10:29 PM

Acdrainpump.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Pipe Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We have had trouble with the water emptying completely out of our washing machine. The drain hose goes to a drain pipe behind the washer. We discovered today the the drain pipe itself is partially blocked. We used both a Snake-It auger & commercial strength Drain Out crystals to unblock it but to...

Clogged laundry basin, overflow pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've had problems with laundry sink(basement) we have the washer draining in it and it's overflowed several times. I tried to snake the overflow pipe but I believe there is a solid dirt plug, my guess is maybe tree roots or something. Also there is limited working space because of cabinets...

Septic drainage pipe - Where to find? [ 1 Answers ]

We are experiencing a septic drainage situation. Apparently our drainage line is at a "too steep" of an incline and the drainage rushes to the end which doesn't allow proper absorption into the ground. My husband wants to extend the current line using a type of pipe with styrofoam and netting...

Vent pipe clogged? [ 2 Answers ]

My first floor bathroom sink drains through vertically down and then through a sloping pipe and then into a septic system. The sink drains very slowly. The other sinks and two showers in the house are OK. I first thought the sink line was clogged, but I have opened and cleaned out the line and...

Washer drainage pipe problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently moved into a house(not new) and put in a washing machine. I have noticed( not like it is hard to miss) that the water very quickly begins backing up out of the drainage pipe and over flows, soaking the dry wall and floor. I believe there was something in the pipe causing a blockage...

View more questions Search