Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suv84 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen
    Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling.

The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which selects between hot and cold if that helps.:confused:
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 15, 2007, 05:09 PM
    So the water is coming out luke-warm-to-cold out of the hot water tap. Do you get the same thing out of the bathtub in this bathroom in question? Has any plumbing work been done recently in your home?

XenoSapien

Aug 15, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Both the bath and the shower come out luke warm.

I have only been living here for the past three months and in that time it has been fine and has had no plumbing work done.
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 15, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Is this an apartment or a house?

XenoSapien

Aug 15, 2007, 05:26 PM
    It's the first unit in a block of 3. all single story

Aug 15, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Just had the plumber here. He said that there is a temperature controlled mixer in the roof that doesn't allow the hot water in the bathroom to get above 50 degrees celsius to avoid burns by mixing the hot water with cold. What has happened is that the o-ring which stops the cold water from returning down the hot water pipe has cracked. With cold water returning down the hot water pipe the temperature of the hot water in the bathroom has become cold because there is only a small amount of hot water being allowed into the mixer.
    combat75 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 11:46 PM
    I bet my money your water heater is near or in the kitchen, if so you might want PG&E or a water heater technician to check out. PG&E is free, the other guy might cost you a few dollars.
    vwcov Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2013, 08:52 PM
    Yes, plumbing work was done today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water coming from hot water tap [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, This morning I had a shower.. no problem the water was piping hot as usual I got ready and went to work. My wife, who works nights, got up a few hours later and also had a shower... no problem. When my wife tried to run the hot water tap a few hours later to do some washing up there was no...

Hot water coming from cold water tap [ 15 Answers ]

Hot water is coming from 2 cold water taps and one upstairs toilet, turns to cold after 15-20 seconds, it comes out very hot. Thought it might be Bleeding through faucets, so changed laundry tub and kitchen faucett. Still does it. The cold pipes seem to get hot from near the water tank. The dip...

Hot and cold water coming out everywhere but the kitchen sink [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, something weird, at least to me, is that I was using the faucet in the kitchen sink and all of sudden the water stop running.. but just in the kitchen while is perfectly running in the rest of the house! Can somebody help me?:confused:

Hot water run in bathroom cuts out hot water in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Currently in our bungalow, if we run hot water in the bath & also run hot water in the kitchen tap, after a few seconds water from the kitchen taps stops. If we turn off the bath tap, water still refuses to flow from the kitchen tap. My wife knows a little about the history of the...

Hot water from cold water tap [ 7 Answers ]

We recently had a plumber in to raise the temperature in our shower. He fiddled about, turning various supply pipes on and off and then deemed he couldn't do anything as he didn't have the part. Although he is supposed to have put the system back the way it was, we now have hot water coming out of...

View more questions Search