Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gayboy Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Aug 15, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Is being gay a choice?
    Ok I already know the answer to this one because I am gay. I just want to see what others think. There is no way that being gay is a choice. I would have never chosen this for myself. I would have wanted to fit in and be like everyone else. That is what all kids want. I am 18 now and have known I was gay since a very early age (like 10). There is no way this is a choice because at this age I knew nothing about sex... I just knew that I was attracted to boys.
    xxmissconfusedxx Posts: 121, Reputation: 5

Aug 15, 2007, 03:08 PM
    No being gay is not a choice your born gay. You not feel ashamed nor different.
    Your blood the same color as a straight persons.
    You cry just like straight people cry.
    Your just as special as any straight person so feel blessed that YOU were chosen to be gay.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Aug 15, 2007, 03:36 PM
    I don't know if people are born gay, or maybe eternal pressure later in life cause people to be gay. I know that it isn't something a person chooses for themselves and I know this because I never had to choose I always was attracted to women. So if it was not something I had to choose most others probably didn't either.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Acting upon any feelings gay or straight is always a choice
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Being gay is much more complicated that a simple choice. The question most people have is, nurture or nature. In my opinion, it's nature; people are born gay which, to me, is obviously a normal thing in nature that just... happens. The nurture theory just does not add up to me. There are so many children born into straight couples that become gay, vice versa. If you gay, BE PROUD! I hate it when people who are opposed to gays argue that they "chose" their sinner lifestyle and all of the BS... it's nonsense!
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    I respect you answer Chuck but I have to disagree. Being gay is more than just acting upon "feelings," it's who the person is. As straight individuals, we don't act upon our feelings of being straight, we just are.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Aug 15, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Fr_chuck
    So if the bible said it was wrong to be straight. Could you be happy giving up your hetrosexual lifestyle for god and settle down with a man?

Aug 15, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck

No sorry if your attracted to men your attracted to men and there is NOTHING you can do about it
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 05:32 PM
    You can remain celebrate, both straight and gay can and may.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 05:39 PM
    I don't believe that it's a choice. I believe that you are born the way you are. I think that being gay is like being born with brown eyes you can't help the way God chose to put you together.

Aug 15, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    I don't believe that its a choice. I believe that you are born the way you are. I think that being gay is like being born with brown eyes you can't help the way God chose to put you together.
    I couldn't agree more.

Aug 15, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Thank all of you for your comments. I would have to say that I'm glad that most of you believe that it isn't a choice. I agree with everyone except Fr_Chuck
    kyle22 Posts: 10, Reputation: 4

Aug 15, 2007, 06:59 PM
    I don't think gay is a choice because no one would want to go through so much teasing and consistently getting made fun of who they like how they talk and how they live life. Its not a choice that's for sure! And also gay is not something to be ashamed of I'm a Christian and I go to church I believe in god I just don't believe that god doesn't like gays or won't accept them so its not a choice and don't be ashamed your just as different as the rest of us no one is the same. You should not be judged for who you like but for who you are.

Aug 15, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Thanks kyle22... I think you put it the best
    Paigiebaby Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2007, 01:43 PM
    I don't think being gay is a choice you like who you like
    kyle22 Posts: 10, Reputation: 4

Aug 16, 2007, 01:45 PM
    “Stop judging by mere appearances and make a right judgement”. (John 7:24)
    "Judge not and ye shall not be judged". (Mathew 7:1)

So I don't understand why christians are so quick to judge every one well great topic to put up and I think most people would agree with us that it is not a choice

Aug 16, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Kyle, I wish that everybody was like you. And I think that my church is one of the few churches that actually support gay people and gay marriages.
    Expert

Aug 16, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Yes sadly some churches have left Christianity and are supporting actual sin. Sad that they perfer to leave the teachings of their faith to be popular or accepted by today's culture. And of course we are not judgeing anything, since God has declared certain things right or wrong.
    1 Thes 5:21 Prove all things hold fast that wich is good, So by what standard do we prove all things, Only by the word of God. And actually if you continue to read the rest of Matthew about judging, you will see that it actually instructs us to judge in two ways. First we are to judge sin in our own lives, then with pure attitude we are to help our friends and brothers judge there error that might be in their own life.
    And the church itself has been instructed to judge as in 1John 4:1

So as in anything, theft, drunkenness, adultry and of course homosexual activities are all sin, not my opinion, not my judgement, but Gods.
    But as Jesus would say to them that repent, your sins are forgiven go and sin no more.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 16, 2007, 07:56 PM
    You may be right Fr_Chuck but you really disapoint me and I always thought you were understanding but reading your posts changed my mind. Instead of using your heart, you go by the book. If someone went to your home and told you he was gay, would you tell him that he is a sinner and make him feel worse? And FYI, you never hear about a gay person killing his mate, but you hear about the heterosexuals that are abusing each other and such.
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Aug 16, 2007, 08:05 PM
    It's your choice. No-one should have to choose if you should be gay or not. If you decide to be gay then you shuldn't let other people make decisions for you. I don't care if people are gay or not, there choice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Did I make the right choice? [ 5 Answers ]

So yesterday at 4 my girlfriend called me. She said "i'm sorry" I said for what? She said you'll find out in a few hours... so I make her tell me what she's sorry for. And she makes me promise not to try and do anyhting about it to just let it happen. So she tells me she's in her garage with the...

My gay friends tell me my new love interest is gay [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Im new to this service. I am a 32 year old female, who has been dating a 26 year old guy for about 2 months. I met him about a year ago, and up until 2 months ago, really only hung out with him with our other friends. We both knew there was something there, had not had the...

H1 under first year choice [ 3 Answers ]

Hi AtlantaTaxExpert, My husband and I came to the US in Dec.2002 as F1 and F2. My husband got his H1B visa Oct 1.2006 and I am H4 visa holder. We had a baby last year and he is a US citizen. I still have not ITIN number. My question is: 1.Can we wait till early June to file jointly...

First year choice or not [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My status in 2006 is this: F1 to June, then OPT to 11/26/2006, then H1B My wife held B1/B2 Visa in 2006, she stayed here from 8/1/2006 to 12/31/2006, this January, she changed the Visa to H4 In 2006, my tuition was about 16000 If I file as non-resident, I can not claim my tuition...

Multiple choice [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this question? Which of the following would be classified in a different major section of a balance sheet from the others? a. Capital stock. b. Common stock subscribed. c. Stock dividend distributable. d. Stock investment in affiliate.

View more questions Search