Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spacefire5458 Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Best actor/actress
    Who is your opinion is the best actor/actress.:)
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 15, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Al Pacino and Jack Nicholson
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 01:17 PM
    That's a tough one - I love some people in certain films and hate them in others.

I love the old school actors. If I had to pick just one it would be

Actor: John Wayne

Actress: Katherine Hepburn
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 01:28 PM
    I love Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks... both are so good at playing so many different roles.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 15, 2007, 01:28 PM
    OK no Jack didn't have surgery, I just couldn't decide... an actress probably Whoopi Golberg... no Diane Lane
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Ooh and I almost forgot Michelle Pfeiffer... I love her, she is timeless...
    missa8324 Posts: 130, Reputation: 21

Aug 15, 2007, 06:45 PM
    I have 2 since I can't think of which one I favor more!

Favorite Actors: Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks
    Favorite Actresses: Meg Ryan and Michelle Pfeiffer
    xx pretty girl xx Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Aug 16, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spacefire5458
    Who is your opinion is the best actor/actress.:)
    In my opinion
    Reese Witherspoon & Leonardo DiCaprio
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 16, 2007, 12:56 PM
    I'm partial to Jack Nicholson and Kate Hepburn as actors go.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 01:00 PM
    GoldieMae agrees: I love her, too. I want to see this new movie Stardust just to see her.
    Great movie, if you like the adult fantasy type stuff... I saw it on Tuesday for our anniversary. Wonderful. We are big Princess Bride fans, and one critic compared it to PB, so we jumped on it. It isn't quite up there with PB, but still VERY entertaining. Kept my hubby laughing, and just enough romance for me. Michelle Pfeiffer is awesome in it!
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Aug 16, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Can't believe you have seen stardust, comes out in South Africa in a month >>> we are way behind! Don't understand the "michelle pfeiffer" thing though? Why is she a fav?

Actor: Johnny Depp (and not because of Pirates, earlier darker weird stuff, and finding neverland), Tom Hanks (but not in da vinci code)
    Actress: Whoopi Goldberg (old sister act fan >>> the original "save the kids" type of movie), Drew Barrymore (riding in cars with boys) I don't know if I have an absolute favourite, I prefer actors!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 06:08 AM
    My runner up would have to be Christopher Walken. I see he is in a really stupid looking movie called "Balls of Fury" that isn't my kind of movie, but since he is in it, will probably blow the cash and have a look.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dias06
    cant believe you have seen stardust, comes out in South Africa in a month >>> we are way behind! dnt understand the "michelle pfeiffer" thing though? why is she a fav?

Actor: Johnny Depp (and not because of Pirates, earlier darker weird stuff, and finding neverland), Tom Hanks (but not in da vinci code)
    Actress: Whoopi Goldberg (old sister act fan >>> the original "save the kids" type of movie), Drew Barrymore (riding in cars with boys) i dont know if i have an absolute favourite, i prefer actors!
    Yeah, it came out here last Friday. I chose Michelle pfeiffer because she is timeless, she is aging, and yet, she can still play whatever character and fit it perfectly. She is a great actress.

I am a huge Johnny fan too, for Chocolat, Benny and Joon, Edward Scissorhands, Fear and loathing, etc. I love all of his movies though, with the exception of charlie and the chocolate factory... while I agree that he is the only actor out there today who could have come close to the original Gene Wilder, he did not portray Willy Wonka quite the way I envisioned. Of course, IM spoiled by dear Gene... ;)
    taz1649 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 06:59 AM
    My favourite actress is sandra bullock and I quite like eliza dushku as well, and I like vin diesel as a actor
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 23, 2007, 08:43 AM
    The question was not who is a favorite, but who is best. Now best is a relative term, but if we are talking about pure acting ability, Katherine Hepburn is an hands down choice. Her body of work is absolutely amazing. Close behind her, but still behind would be Meryl Streep and Glenn Close.

For actor, though there are too many who's body of work are closely equal to each other. Spencer Tracy, Gregory Peck, Henry Fonda, James Stewart, Humphrey Bogart, Al Pacino and Robert Deniro are all equals In my opinion. Depp, Hanks, (maybe) DeCaprio, have shown flashes of talent, but not quite up to the standards set by those others.
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Aug 23, 2007, 12:21 PM
    George Clooney - Body language and gestures. (e.x. Intolerable Cruelty & Oh Brother Where Art Thou?)

All of ScottGems mentions I agree with, though I would like to add Kate Blanchett, as she is fantastic as well.

Nope, suppose I cannot choose just one.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Actor - Max von Sydow
    Actress - Ingrid Bergman
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Sandra Bullock:) and Keanu Reeves:D
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 24, 2007, 08:04 AM
    I have to say, I'm amused by some of the answers here. I'm not trying to take away from the talents of any of the actors mentioned. They have all provided us enjoyable entertainment. Many are performers I enjoy. But if you are talking about "best", that refers to acting talent and ability. And a lot of the people mentioned don't even come close. For example, one of my favorites is Errol Flynn. I greatly enjoy his movies, but is he a great actor? Not a chance. John Wayne is another like that.

So anyone else responding, remember the question was "best" actor, not most popular, not entertaining, but best in terms of acting ability.
    Jazzygeeto Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Actor: Christian Bale
    Actress: Christina Ricci

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie title, actor and actress [ 2 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie on TV. It was about a couple who rented this house on a lake or island, and the only way you can get there was by boat. His wife had recently died and he rented the house to get away from it all. The women rented the same house but didn't know he rented it and was...

Name of actress? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to complete a trivia contest in a newspaper. I have all but one question answered: "On screen, this New Jersey-raised actress bonded with Bond, wed Fred and kicked up her heels with Kelly. Name her." Thank you very much in advance for any help that anyone can give! Bill

1940's Character Actor [ 8 Answers ]

This unmistakable 1940's character actor, a former journalist, had a brief but memorable film career, and appears uncredited as a pirate in 1942's 'The Black Swan". Name the actor.

Soap Actor [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone te;ll me the name of the Actor who played 'Christian' in Hollyoaks??

What actor died on boat near Mexico ? [ 5 Answers ]

Back in the late 50's or early 60's there was a TV or movie actor that died aboard a private boat off the coast of Mexico. With him were three Mexican woman companions. I can't remember the name of the actor. Does anyone know with certainty who it was ?

View more questions Search