Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gymnast6394 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Allowance money
    I am 13 and going into 8th grade. I have been getting $1000 a year since 6th grade for my clothes. I have never actually hit $0 but have come very close. I want to ask for more but I know my parents are very generous by giving me this. I don't want to sound spoiled because I know I am very lucky for all of this and I am very thankful for it. So should I ask for more or should I just keep things the way they are?
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 15, 2007, 12:43 PM
    That's more than enough money for clothes... If you want more money go get a job, when I was 13 I walked dogs for money.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 12:46 PM
    I agree with Chris. $1000.00 is more than enough for clothes. To me $500.00 would be enough for clothes. You should have more than enough left over even after buying clothes. If the thousand covers what it is supposed to, which would be your new clothes, what would be your reason for asking for more?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 12:47 PM
    We gave our son allowance money by month, but only after he had completed a list of duties that earned a certain dollar value. That started when he was 7, it escalated when in high school and college with the list being minimized because of study time, and he did work hard at studying.

he got basically $50. A week because he had to go on the go train to the next town to college and you are l3 and in high school. So are you doing anything for this l000 a year in the way of chores around the house? Offer to do extra, or get a part time job and make your own money. You are old enough to do that and you might enjoy the experience.

Now our son pays room and board still with us and working in the city.

Aug 15, 2007, 12:48 PM
    My
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 04:55 PM
    I don't think I spend 1000 a year on my clothes, my wife's clothes and my sons clothes.

But you did not say what level of social status you live in, If you live in Beverly Hills most likely 1000 a month would not be enough,
    In rual Tennesse with walmart being the better store and good will being the normal place, 1000 is a family budget.

Aug 15, 2007, 06:35 PM
    I live in chicago. So clothes are pretty expensive.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 15, 2007, 09:02 PM
    I have been to chicago a lot of times and it's the same clothes as Michigan.

Hollistor, American Eagle, Ambercrombie and Fitch, etc...

Be happy with 1000 dollars a year, I would love to get that from my parents...
    sinasina1123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2011, 09:11 AM
    U got money to blow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

What artist sings "money money money" [ 5 Answers ]

I can't find the song "money money money" listed anywhere.(I think that's what the title is) I don't know the artist.

Husband wants allowance [ 7 Answers ]

My husband wants his own designated allowance from each paycheck. Does anyone know what a fair amount woulde be?

View more questions Search