Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 15, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Ikea beds?
    Hi again!

I asked about Ikea before, but now I'm wondering about their beds. I thought I remembered hearing that Ikea bed frames only work with Ikea mattresses. True or False?

I browsed the Ikea site but I might have missed a possible answer. I'm taking my mom there Saturday to pick out some new things for her apartment.

TIA!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 12:53 PM
    We bought an Ikea bed two weeks ago, a single, and they are all standard sizes, but it is best to buy the mattress that goes with the bed. We did and it is a very comfortable foam mattress, possibly half the price of one from another furniture store. Quite happy with the comfort and look. Of course the only downside is taking a car big enough to cart it all back home and putting it together, but all worth it. I have shopped there for years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Ikea does have some "college" sized beds that are speical. We owned one for many years, hard to even get sheets for the mattress.

But most of what they sell are standard sizes, you just have to be sure when buying your specific bed.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 16, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Thanks!
    I'll be sure to take a tape measure and get specific sizes in case she doesn't find a mattress she likes... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toning Beds [ 8 Answers ]

I just had a demonstration regarding Toning Beds. I would like to know, do they really work? Is it worth the money?

Ikea couch & chairs? [ 10 Answers ]

My mother is in need of a living room couch and chairs on a SMALL budget. We have an Ikea nearby but I've never bought furniture there, so I'm not sure about quality, etc. Thoughts?

Dogs and beds [ 18 Answers ]

I've often heard that you shouldn't let your dog sleep in your bed, because that may cause them to feel dominant to you. So, if I have the dog sleep on the floor, I'm in the bed, and the cats sleep in the bed with me, will the dog assume that the cats are higher rank as well?

Sofa beds [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable sofa bed brand/bed?

Tanning beds? [ 2 Answers ]

My buddies and I want to go and tan in tanning beds but we're not sure how much I would be and we don't really want to be that dark just not as white as whiteout so does any one no were to go and how much it would be? :eek:

View more questions Search