Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Aug 17, 2007, 07:00 AM
    shatteredsoul agrees: Nothing is random, we choose our reality as we choose how to live in it.

That is your point of veiw. I personally think everything in life is random. Many people can't choose their "own reality" they get stuck living in something that has no meaning or point. Like I said you wake up, go to work, come home, go to bed just to do it the next day. Boring if u ask me.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    Like i said you wake up, go to work, come home, go to bed just to do it the next day. Boring if u ask me.
    That's 'cause your life revolves uniquely around yourself. Other than your job you probably have no other responsibilities and people that you socialize with.
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Aug 17, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    That's 'cause your life revolves uniquely around yourself. Other than your job you probably have no other responsibilities and people that you socialize with.
    I haven't got a job because if you must know we don't have money for a second car, hubby works 24/7 and I clean house. So what if I don't have anything to do? That makes me a bad person? I talk to my hubby when he's not at work and gives me the time of day. Don't sund all wise if you don't know me, I was giving my honest opinion. And why don't I have any friends othr then my fiancé? Because when I left school they left too because they weren't real friends. You make it sound like I'm selfish.. how? I think more of my finace then myself. I'm offened to even be called selfish. You don't know me.. and the horride life I had or have still in some ways.

This reflests how I feel about my point in life. Right now I have none, or if at all its to do the bidding of my fiancé who's never around to begin with. Hopefully that will change someday.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:17 AM
    You said your life is boring - hey life is what you make it.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    I havent got a job because if u must kno we dont have money for a second car, hubby works 24/7 and i clean house. So what if i dont have anything to do? That makes me a bad person? I talk to my hubby when he's not at work and gives me the time of day. dont sund all wise if u dont kno me, i was giving my honest opinion. And why dont i have any firends othr then my fiance? Because when i left school they left too because they werent real friends. You make it sound like im selfish..how? I think more of my finace then myself. I'm offened to even be called selfish. You dont kno me..and the horride life i had or have still in some ways.

This reflests how i feel bout my point in life. Right now i have none, or if at all its to do the bidding of my fiance who's never around to begin with. hopefully that will change someday.
    Hey Ray,
    Sorry to hear that your life seems bleak to you... Hope you find your path to peace (peace of the soul that is.. )

Mine is not as bad but there are times that get me down, but I just look at the bright side...
    I have my senses intact as yet,I am healthier than most I know,and the best part is that I believe in a life after death and I hope I am working towards a wonderful life in the Hereafter... :)
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Aug 17, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Hey Rayne, I don't think you are a bad person and I don't think you are boring. I think you are stuck in a rut and frustrated with your situation. You seem lonely and isolated from friends and that is a difficult thing to endure. Part of what I meant by choosing your reality means, whatever you want to see is true is and however you see yourself and your life, become your reality. I think things will get better, and I am sorry you are struggling and working so hard. It is so difficult being young and married. Maybe find small ways to enjoy your life for now, or to work toward something you would like to do. Anyway, you have friends here and they can support you and help you get through the difficult times until things begin to get better. I sure hope they do.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Yes, Rayne, you sure have friends here to help you along your way... I have a few suggestions if you want to hear them, we can start another thread for it though cause it doesn't belong here... Just PM me if you want to talk. Hugs, Start
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Purpose in life... I used to wonder why I went through all I did growing up and how I came to some of the jobs I had. While they were good jobs and I learned quite a bit, it did not seem to me to fit my long term goal, which was to be a psychotherapist. I did not get my PhD that was SO important to me. Instead my path lead to working in hospitals and also with children and adults with developmental disabilities and well as people with emotional disorders. Got married, had children, worked, home, etc.

Then I met the little boy who was to become my youngest son and he was in such need of a family who accepted him just as he was and all that he was. The light did not go on at the first meeting but the second weekend he was with us the bulb switched on and I realized why I had been where I had been in life. It was a preparation for Brandon. He would need everything I had learned and then some. I do not get it "right" all the time, by no means am I the perfect Mom, but with the grace of God, I do my best. I know someday Brandon will be more independent of me, either in a group home or in his own apartment with 24 hr staff. May I have my best.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Everyone has a purpose in life. When you find and are fulfilling yours you feel complete and life runs smoothly.
    The Key is to find your path in life
    Create a personal mission statement. Having this gives you a template of purpose which can be used evoke clarity about the path you choose to follow. Use the information you have come up with in the previous steps of this process. Find ways to orchestrate your life in a manner which supports your mission.
    Reach out to others who may be able to help you in creating your dream. This includes family, friends, or someone who has a job you aspire to. When in doubt, think about how you could do something instead of why you can't so you begin to see the limitless possibilities the universe can provide to help your life run smoothly. Have faith when you ask for assistance in understanding and realizing you dreams, miraculous events can occur.
    Whatever you choose to do-DO YOUR BEST AND BE WILLING TO WORK YOUR WAY UP!;)
    dog_skyhigh Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Aug 18, 2007, 05:14 PM
    My purpose is to be a Bible teacher and to take the Word of God to whoever will hear it. My story is a long one in which Jesus Christ had been wooing me for years and after 49 years and having not accepted Him, He took action and came to me personally. He commanded me to study the Bible for 5 years and then He opened the door for me to lead our Bible class. Since then I have taught the Bible in two countries. I am currently teaching the Bible on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 P.M.
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Aug 22, 2007, 07:43 AM
    How I came to understand my purpose, is an ongoing process for me. It began with becoming a mother for the first time and with all of the love it brought out of me. I felt so incredibly overwhelmed with joy when I held my daughter. I felt God's love for me and a new love for myself. I realized I wanted to be a good person and to show her how to love one another. This way she can use her gifts wisely and create a world that is more compassionate and kind. I have had many struggles and heartaches along the way. I wear my heart on my sleeve and it has been dragged through the mud several times. I learned that people are sometimes going to be hurtful and disappoint me, but that doesn't mean that they are bad and I don't have to take it personally. I learned through loss that being attached to things isn't helpful and letting go is easier on the soul. I experienced much grief and sorrow during the deaths of loved ones and I learned I have to let go of anger and forgive those who don't understand the pain and anguish they cause. The experiences in particular don't matter, but how I grow and evolve from them do. I am continuously trying to understand myself and become more aware of how I should live out my purpose. Hopefully, I will make my children proud and leave them a legacy of love.
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Sep 3, 2007, 07:10 PM
    No clue.
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 8, 2007, 12:06 PM
    All that I can say for sure is to quote something I read once about what the purpose of life is... "The purpose of life is a life of purpose".
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deist
    All that I can say for sure is to quote something I read once about what the purpose of life is..."The purpose of life is a life of purpose".
    That's a nice way of putting it..
    A life full of good purpose!
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Sep 8, 2007, 01:51 PM
    The purpose of life is to procreate and perpetuate itself... period.
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101
    The purpose of life is to procreate and perpetuate itself ... period.
    Chek,
    Not to sound dumb, but could you elaborate on "perpetuate itself"?

Thanks
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 8, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101
    The purpose of life is to procreate and perpetuate itself ... period.
    You may be right.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 02:21 PM
    I figure my purpose at the moment is to just live, basically because I can't see it leading me in any sort of direction
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear
    i figure my purpose at the moment is to just live, basically because i can't see it leading me in any sort of direction
    Albear,
    You sound a little lost,
    Hope you find your path to peace...
    As that is what each of us searches for knowingly or unknowingly...
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Albear,
    You sound a little lost,
    Hope you find your path to peace...
    as that is what each of us searches for knowingly or unknowingly...
    Yea me too,but I've lost my compass which makes things difficult

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What causes a person to be MEAN on purpose? [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone have any experience on what would drive you to the point to be mean to someone? Would you say it is a way of seeking revenge/punishment?

National Purpose [ 2 Answers ]

What is the National Purpose of the Republic of Serbia?

National Purpose [ 1 Answers ]

What is the national purpose of the country Paraguay

Being difficult on purpose [ 4 Answers ]

Well, my friend went to mediation on Tuesday and the mediator basically told him that her anger issues aren't important right now, I'm here for the child to get you two to agree on a parenting plan. They have to have separate appts because he has a restraining order on her. She just wants to use...

View more questions Search