Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicolejp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Crayon melted in dryer
    Is there any possibility of getting crayon streaks and residue out of my dryer? A purple crayon was left in the pocket of my son's shorts and was dried. My fear is that not only the entire load of clothes is ruined but my dryer could be also. Any suggestions?? :confused:
    Thanks
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser :D
    Good Luck.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2007, 10:40 PM
    Get the big stuff off with a hair dryer and something like scotch brite pads which have lots of pores to pick up the crayon.

For what's left, use WD-40 or Goo Gone.

If it's a gas dryer, make sure the smell is totally gone after using the solvents before using the dryer. If any device in the room has a pilot light (heater/water heater) turn it off. Use lots of ventilation. Use sparingly and don't tip over the container.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crayon erasers [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any websites where you can buy indivual crayon erasers?

2001 Honda Civic -- Smelling Melted Polyethylene Odor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a 2001 Honda Civic. Lately, I've been smelling a melted polyethylene odor after driving. It's quite strong, and I'm sure it's coming from under the hood, seems to be more towards the passenger side. Any ideas what this could be -- what I might check? Also, is this a sign of...

1998 Honda Civic Timing Belt Cover melted plastic [ 2 Answers ]

I recently changed the timing belt on my 1998 Honda Civic EX 145,000 mi. The top plastic timing belt cover was difficult to remove and when it was finally pried off, I noted that there was a great deal of melted plastic inside. The old did not show any signs of heat damage but it may have been...

Refrigerator odor caused by melted plastic [ 1 Answers ]

Accidentally dropped plastic spatula in dishwasher and it melted can't get odor out of appliance. What do you do?

Melted shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Zurn shower drain that is made form abs and tried to attach this to a 2" schedule 40 pvc pipe, but when I did the pvc cement melted the hub of the drain. What was the correct way to attach these similar plastics together?

View more questions Search