Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pristine cars Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 06:56 PM
    1997 Honda civic idle revs 1000 to 2000 in park
    Hi I have a 1997 Honda civic that I just bought. It started Idleing in park from 1000 RPM's to 2000 RPMS on its own back and forth. If I put it in drive it drops down but I have felt some pulling of the rpms when driving and I let off the gas. Is this the Idle sensor and where is that located. Thanks in advance Mark
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Replace the Ignition Control Module:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 HONDA CIVIC VP DX-idle control and sticky pedal [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there! I have a two questions about my 2000 Honda Civic VP (DX). Where is the idle control valve located? I took it to Auto Zone and they suggested that I clean it- I don't know much about cars but I really want to do it myself or my fiancé to help me. Also, the best way to describe my next...

2000 Honda Civic VP (DX) idle problems [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I noticed many helpful posts and would like to ask for some advice on my wife's 2000 Honda Civic VP 1.6l. It has almost 80k miles on it. Recently, the car had been idling pretty rough, to the point that it would vibrate and stall at a stop sign or traffic light. Then the "check engine"...

1997 Honda civic [ 1 Answers ]

My 1997 Honda Civic makes a clicking noise and will not start. However, after about 20 tries, it finally starts. This just started on Mother's day, and then yesterday. The battery is brand new. Could this be a started problem. I've already replaced the started about 3 years ago. I also have a...

2000 Honda Civic Rough Idle [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Honda Civic. Recently it started idling rough and low. I also have started to notice that it lacks power and surges when it is in overdrive. It runs great and still gets about 29 mpg other than that. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

View more questions Search