Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johncfoley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 03:06 PM
    How to do business with the City in which you live
    I am trying to do the City that I live in a huge favor that will benefit the City, it's residents and me of course. The City says it never has done anything like this before and doesn't know how to either.
    I am offering to build on their land using my monies and operating this business and after an agreed date sometime in the future, it will become theirs 100%.
    Does ANYONE know how to set up a co-existence with the City that will end up being the following:
    1) operation of a Not for Profit business on City owned land
    2) Charitable events for local charities and the land for which this is built on

There are other thing but mainly , how to do this.
    Thanks to anyone who helps !
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2007, 05:18 PM
    The city will often lease land in developments to business and give them tax breaks.

A city will have issues being in a business, at least in the US government can not compete with businesses.

You are wanting basically a free lease of land from the city to do a business, that you will later turn over to them. You need to have an attorney draw up a possible contract, you need to convince at least one alterman or couselman that this is a good idea, and let them lobby the city counsel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

If you live in New York City and work in Jersey, TaxCut doubles your income [ 2 Answers ]

I live in NYC and work in Jersey. This year my employer Gave me several copies of W2's (which, by the way, are not W2-C's): one for federal, whose state information is blank; one for NY, whose state wages approximately match The federal wages, but not exactly (because, I guess, of 401K...

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

View more questions Search