Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pepper304 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Under bathroom sink plumbing
    According to our city law a licensed plumber has to plumb all new construction. I had a plumber put the plumbing under the sink, however I was going to hook up the pipes myself. I am not sure how I need to connect the vent pipe. Can you help me with this?
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Mar 31, 2009, 10:39 PM
    Your probably better off going to your local hardware store where they can help explain it with the pipes and fittings you will ultimately have to purchase from them. That being said check out the diagram at this website where they are discussing a clogged drain. You can see the vent is inside the wall.
    Clogged drain
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 1, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper304 View Post
    According to our city law a licensed plumber has to plumb all new construction. I had a plumber put the plumbing under the sink, however I was going to hook up the pipes myself. I am not sure how I need to connect the vent pipe. Can you help me with this?
    If I understand the question what you have is a pipe coming out of the wall,(the stub out) and you wish to connect the lavatory yourself, yes? Let me know. Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 1, 2009, 08:19 AM

What pipe do you think is a vent pipe? Please tell us or describe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New bathroom sink backs up halfway, quickly drains, repeat.. no overflow in this sink [ 2 Answers ]

I just very proudly finished installing our new second floor bathroom sink drains. Two different vanities, two different walls. I ran the water steadily in both of them for 10 minutes. One works fine. The other backs up about halfway up the bowl, then suddenly quickly drains everything and...

How do I cut through exterior wall to add second bathroom sink plumbing? [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my master bathroom and want to add sink. Currently, there is one set of pipes for a sink and would like to splice them into a second sink. The problem is that the current plumbing is located in an exterior wall and I need to know how to cut open the wall, so that I can expose the...

Plumbing-bathroom sink [ 1 Answers ]

Just Put New Bathroom Sink Top In And Seem To Have A Problem With Water Leaking From The Stopper Valve--we Fill Up Sink Then Let It Out And Water Keeps Coming Out Where The Stopper Valve Is--have Tightened It And Tried Two New Stopper Valves Still Keeps Leaking

Bathroom plumbing with basement bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me what cause my upstairs bathroom to back up into my basement bathroom?

Plumbing - 1st floor sink backs up in sink below [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1st floor kitchen sink directly above a basement sink. When the 1st floor sink is full, it drains quickly and backs up in the sink below - which then drains relatively quickly. No other problems here - the dishwasher drains fine, general use is fine - it's only when there's a full sink of...

View more questions Search