Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Aug 14, 2007, 02:14 PM
    How do u know if piercing is healed?
    How do you know if your belly piercing is healed? I haven't been getting crust around it or anything and I have been cleaning it and it seems OK
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 04:01 PM
    If all goes well, your belly button should be fully healed 12 months after getting the piercing. When I say if all goes well, I mean with minimal irritation and infection. Irritation and infection prolong the healing process. If you want to know when you can change the jewelry, do not change it for 6 weeks, even if it seems fine to you. After 6 weeks, you can normally change the jewelry, but keep the number of times you take it out and put it back in at a minimum. You don't want to cause irritation. :)
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Aug 14, 2007, 05:20 PM
    If it's a little red or kind of purple does that mean its irritated or infected?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 05:23 PM
    A little red - usually just irritation.

Purple - You need to see a doctor, it is probably infected!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing [ 25 Answers ]

Lately Ive been wanting a lip ring My parents are very strict about facial piercings but I wanted to know if it's a good idea or a bad one for a 13 year old with a lip ring

Self-piercing [ 18 Answers ]

Within the last year I have pierced a second hole in each of my ears 3 separate times, each time purposefully letting them heal. I have also pierced my belly button twice and let it heal as well. I make sure to sterilize everything, and I've never had any problems with infections or anything like...

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced 9 days ago and it seemed to be fine. Now it's red and is tender. There isn't any puss or scabs but it hurts to touch or lay on. Is this normal or is it infected? :confused:

Dark spots caused by healed skin [ 6 Answers ]

I have dark skin, under, around, over and at the sides of my eyes. It was first caused by a rash which healed and left the skin darker when I was a kid. 8 years later I used a hydroquinone based product to finally get rid of it and it made everything worse causing darker skin to spread all around...

Knee injury healed itself .BUT! [ 1 Answers ]

I had a knee injury that I was seen at the hospital for, and the ER dr gave me a knee brace and told me to just ice the knee and if it wasn't better, then I needed to see a Orthopedic dr. However, I don't have anymore pain, but now I have this "bonelike" lump sticking out the right side of knee......

View more questions Search