Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    on_lashok Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2004, 10:21 AM
    Convert pdf to txt or word
    I have a web page I need to cut-paste into a discussion format. It is in .pdf format The page is 95%words (text), with just a small cartoon at the top which is unnecessary. I was at a computer at a college, and was able to save the page on a 3-1/2 floppy (in pdf format, of course. You cannot highlight the text to cut-paste, I guess, in .pdf, so I am wondering if there is a way to convert pdf to txt so I can send it. The computer will not let me download a free trial of a converter program. Is there a way to copy it, or convert it and copy and paste?-Please Help!?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2004, 11:27 AM
    Re: convert pdf to txt or word
    One day when I was ranting and raving about how much I disliked pdf's, my son pointed out that using Acrobat, you click on the unlabeled "T" in the tool bar, and then you can select and copy text as in any other document. Likely you are using Acrobat. If not, you download it for free, many sites having a link to Adobe.

Since I switched to Linux, I am using Xpdf which has the powerful feature of being able to select one column at a time. Great for pulling off a name and address from a list.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jun 28, 2004, 07:01 PM
    Convert pdf to txt or word
    If you really want to convert it to text fast, there is a nice utility out there, aptly named pdftotext, that will do it for you.

There is also a pdftohtml.

Honestly, though, I don't know if there is a windows version or not. :)

Xpdf rocks... ;D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert .MDB to .exe [ 7 Answers ]

access 97 has option to convert .MDB TO .exe now i am using Access 2000 and using access run time please help to find way to convert .MDB to .exe or any other ways

How to convert .ra to mp3? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I am looking for a software to convert my .ra musics to mp3... I've found some "trial version" softwares, each of which has kind of disabilities. I did not find a full version for free. Do you know one? Thx in advance.

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Convert .rar file to MPEG or AVI to play on DVD [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I downlaod some file from internet in .rar format. I want to burn cd and play on dvd but for that I have to convert .rar format in to .mpeg or . Avi format. Could anybody know how to convert .rar format into other format. Please help me

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search