Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frenchkiss101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 10:26 PM
    I need to know something in french!
    How do you say 'she has blue eyes' and 'she is wearing a red and blue jacket' ?

Need it urgently!
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Aug 13, 2007, 10:29 PM
    This sounds like homework or something......
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Sweety
    This sounds like homework or something......
    Maybe not.

I don't speak French fluently. So, you might consider giving the following translation sites a try.

AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation

Free Translation Online
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2007, 10:38 PM
    I know that we have some French speaking individuals on this site, so hopefully, one of them might also happen to notice your question.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Aug 17, 2007, 09:17 AM
    she has blue eyes: elle a les yeux bleu <-check the spelling because it might be slightly off..
    she is wearing a red and blue jacket: elle porte une veste rouge et bleu
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Aug 21, 2007, 05:08 PM
    There's a little mistake in the first sentence: Elle a les yeux bleus.
    "Bleu" is a simple adjective here. Therefore, you have to add the plural because "les yeux" is plural.

The second sentence is correct. Adjectives that describe multicolored objects do not change.

Check this out: Les adjectifs de couleur : accord ou pas d'accord ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

French Citizenship from French Mother [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking into getting French citizenship for myself. Born here in US, 24 years old, my mother moved here from France when quite young and is still a French citizen. According to most of what I've read (in English) this would make me automatically French, I'd just need to get the...

How do you say this in french? [ 7 Answers ]

Well I want to learn how to say a sertain frize in french... "Do they not have pen or paper where you are?" Anybody know? And I will check it with a book to se that it is right... Just want it to be in the right order and use right bending on the verbs and stuff Its hard to put...

Can French citizen applying for US citizenship keep French nationality too? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am a French citizen with a green card since 1997, that I obtained through marriage. I have been living in the US since then and I would like to apply to a US citizenship but keep my French citizenship as well. Is this possible? Also, I am now separated from my husband. Can I...

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

View more questions Search