Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gatnus Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2005, 05:33 PM
    Kitchen faucet handle
    I am trying to get off my kitchen faucet handle (single faucet) but the hex nut that unlocks it will not turn. Any suggestions how to unloosen the hex nut?
    I tried vinegar and oil with no success.

It is a Kohler single faucet kitchen sink.

Thanks,

gatnus
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2005, 06:15 PM
    Apply more oil, then slide a short length of pipe or something down over the stem, and then hammer on it. Next, remove the pipe, and use a proper fitting box wrench and try to turn it. A good 6 point deep well socket is better yet. It can be tricky breaking things loose without breaking anything. If it still doesn't come loose, try letting it set over night with more oil on it, then more hammering the next day. When it finally does move, you may need to work it back and forth adding more oil to get it out without ruining the threads.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loose faucet handle [ 12 Answers ]

We just installed a new Price Fister faucet in our kitchen sink. The lever that turns the water on doesn't stay up unless you hold it (up is on, down is off). We can't lift the handle halfway to get only a little water because the handle falls to the off position immediately. Is there a screw to...

Help with a Peerless Two Handle Kitchen Faucet w/Sprayer [ 4 Answers ]

Culprit: Peerless Two Handle Kitchen Faucet w/Sprayer Two part question: 1) Need instructions and photo illustrations (if possible) on fixing a dripping faucet; and 2) same for separate sprayer worked fine just after install but now it does not spray. A slight stream of water is coming from the...

2-handle central brass faucet woes [ 9 Answers ]

Hello. One day I went to turn off the hot water in my bathroom sink, and the handle just turned round and round. I shut water off underneath sink and scurried to Lowe's where I bought a kit to replace the handles and stems. I now have the handle off, and have unscrewed the stem as far as I can,...

Kitchen faucet BAM BAM [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Delta 2 handle 4 hole fixture with a sprayer. When I turn the hot or cold water handle quickly; water pulsates and makes a 'BAM BAM' sound for a few seconds. If a turn the handle slowly, the pulsating and sound is reduced. Also, the spray handle has very low water pressure. This...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search