Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twentzel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Filling hole in space between shower wall and floor
    I recently noticed a water stain on the ceiling below the master bedroom shower. After scraping away the grout between in the space between the shower floor times and the shower wall times, I noticed a small hole. How and with what should I fill the hole before regrouting? The hole is about 2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 14, 2007, 07:16 AM
    So you are saying the small hole is in the wood floor below the tile, right? Probably just file it with a little extra grout. There are many other reasons for a leaky shower other than cracked grout. Are you sure that this was the problem?
    twentzel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 07:24 AM
    It seemed to be the most obvious place where water could escape. I will check the drain as well. Otherwise I will need to rip up the shower floor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drill hole in ceiling and floor [ 3 Answers ]

I need some help. I ned to drill a hole from my downstairs room through the ceiling and through the floor of the upstairs room, I want to put it close the upstairs basebaord as possible. How can I accurately drill the hole so I don't end up in the middle of the room or worse yet, inside a wall....

Fixing a hole in the plastic shower stall wall [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi I've got a hole in a shower stall wall that appears to have come from nowhere, other than the normal washing and maintenance of the wall with a wash cloth. Need to know what kind of filler and sealant to put in the hole to make sure that the hole is filled with a...

Patching Hole in Hardware Floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Appreciate your input. I'm repainting my son's room and discovered that they installed a cable TV outlet through the hardware floor. What is the best way to patch the floor and blend it in to similar color stain? Thank you.

Removed switch, hole in wall plate [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I removed a switch from a circuit inside a 3-gang box. Now I have a hole in my switch plate. I'm assuming there's something I can find that will be a kind of "dummy switch" and basically cover the hole in the switch plate from the inside. Does anyone know if such a thing exists, and if so...

View more questions Search