Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Francie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2005, 08:32 AM
    No hot water in kitchen sink or dishwasher
    There is no hot water in the kitchen sink. If you let it flow on high for a few minutes, it gets tepid. I have felt the water in the dishwasher in the middle of a cycle and it is cold. The hot water is fine in the 3 bathrooms. We have tried flushing the hot water heater, but that did not help. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 19, 2005, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Francie
    There is no hot water in the kitchen sink. If you let it flow on high for a few minutes, it gets tepid. I have felt the water in the dishwasher in the middle of a cycle and it is cold. The hot water is fine in the 3 bathrooms. We have tried flushing the hot water heater, but that did not help. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    Hi Francie,

It starts hot and cools down rapidly? Some where you have a cross connection between the hot and cold supply lines that's affecting the kitchen branch. Have you installed anything or made any changes in your plumbing system lately? Is the utility room and washer next to the kitchen? Get back to me and I'll answer ASAP. Tom
    Francie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2005, 08:28 AM
    Thank you Tom. The hot water heater and utility room in the center of the house and there is a hallway between it and the kitchen. The water in the kitchen is never hot. There is only one handle on the faucet and if you turn the lever to the left and let it run for about 3 minutes or so on high flow, it will get just the tiniest bit lukewarm.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 25, 2005, 07:13 AM
    [QUOTE=Francie]Thank you Tom. The hot water heater and utility room in the center of the house and there is a hallway between it and the kitchen. The water in the kitchen is never hot. There is only one handle on the faucet and if you turn the lever to the left and let it run for about 3 minutes or so on high flow, it will get just the tiniest bit lukewarm.[/QUOT

Good morning Francie,
    Try this. Turn off the water to the kitchen sink at the angle stops located in the cabinet and open up the faucet and remove the cartridge. Now place a pan over the open faucet to avoid splash and turn on the hot water angle stop, (the left hand one). You should have hot water coming into the pan after a minute or so. Get back to me with the results. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No cold water from kitchen sink [ 4 Answers ]

Any help is appreciated in advance. Before I call the plumber because I'm a plumbing novice. I thought I would search the internet and see what I can find out. For some reason today my the cold water faucet in my kitchen sink is no longer working. The hot water flows just fine, but not the...

Water backup under kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there, I have got a leak that is under my kitchen sink and seems to be under the floor. When I drain water it goes down the drain and then it bubbles up from under the floor under my sink and out onto my kitchen floor. It smells really bad. I had a plumber come out about a year ago to...

Kitchen Sink Noise Hot Water [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the hot water at my kitchen sink, it makes a noise after the pipe heats up (about 10 seconds). The cold water tap doesn't make a noise. What could this be?

No water from sink after installing dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a house that was built in the early 1900s so the piping is really old and I didn't want to chance breaking anything so I went the cheap way out and I didn't sodder anything. I took the hose off from my hot water and added a T pipe that screws on to where the hose used to be. Left side...

Kitchen Sink, Dishwasher and Washer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my son was cleaning a fish tank and spilled gravel evidently down the bathtub drain, ever since on occasion the kitchen sink, dishwasher and washer back up into that tub, this will last sometimes for days then stop... then suddenly begin to occur again. Best ways to clear whatevers causing...

View more questions Search