Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Aug 13, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Need someone to build my website
    I am opening a lingerie store online does anyone know of a good business to make the website for me>
    Thanks
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 13, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Why not do it yourself? You know what you want to have on it, why 'hope' that someone else can do it? You have enough gumption and vision to carry it out... do it! :)

XenoSapien
    merletweb Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2007, 07:42 PM
    You can ask for designer to bid on a job like this. I've used ScriptLance.com Custom Freelance Programming. Outsource web projects to programmers and designers. for several projects and got excellent results for a very reasonable price. In fact I had one designer agree to design a churh web site for free. The work was top notch and was done in just a few hours. Check that web site out!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2007, 11:11 PM
    It is true that you could do it yourself. A word formatting program like Microsoft Word already has it built into the program for designing websites. It is easy to use.

You could also use the many free advertising websites that are available on the Internet to draw people to your site. A lot of them are listed on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 11:12 PM
    You could also buy Dreamweaver. It is a software that helps you build websites. :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2007, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    You could also buy Dreamweaver. It is a software that helps you build websites. :)
    This is true! There are a lot of programs available.
    merletweb Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Sep 12, 2007, 12:46 PM
    If you plan to sell something online there more to that project than just designing a web site. You'll also need a catalog and a way to allow people to buy from you site. That would require a shopping cart and a checkout system for credit cards. You'll need a merchant account for that. Of course this is only required if you want your site to be professional and to actually run it as a business.

If you own a business then run your business and hire a professional to create your web site. You're good at what you do and a web designer is good at what they do. Let the experts do the work for you and save yourself tons of money and time.

Sure, you could go out and buy Dreamweaver but if you don't have any experience at web design you could spend months trying to get the site to look good and work correctly. Then there's the issue of getting people to your site. "Build it and they will come" only works if a dead baseball hero talks to you in a corn field. Getting traffic to a site, even if a professional desiged it, is a task all it's own.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 05:56 AM
    If you don't have enough experience you can find a lot of free templates online >>
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Oct 31, 2007, 07:18 AM
    I second what merletweb says... developing an online ecommerce shop is nontrivial... and would add that a site that does not rank high in search engines is basically a fancy brochure. Not a bad thing if you're using it for local business, but if you want someone googling lingerie to find you, you need someone who knows SEO and internet marketing to help you. Building your own site with a template won't do this.

If you decide to do this on your own, be prepared to invest a considerable amount of your own time learning how to build a website, even if it's from a template. DreamWeaver is nontrivial to learn, and costs several hundred dollars (USD).

I suggest posting your project on either rentacoder.com or guru.com. There are many offshore developers there who will do your project for you very reasonably. A top-rated RentACoder company developed three very complex websites for me for about 3000USD each, and I suspect your site would cost at most a few hundred USDs to implement (probably not that much more than purchasing DreamWeaver). Look for someone who has done at least 10 projects and has a high ranking.

Vasily
    shellyki Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jan 14, 2008, 11:42 PM
    It will not be easy to rank naturally for this site among millions of other website like this, unless you play on some niche keywords and create great pages around those.
    For example: animal print lingerie, Gothic lingerie, wedding night lingerie, great games for sex - playing on key phrases that have a bit more depth may help you rank a bit faster and will normally ensure lower cpc cost.

You may want a SEO expert to work with the company who builds your site to help ensure better rank. It will take some time to rank organically for this type of site, and you won't be on the first page of the SE's the very next day after the site launches, but you can get there - in the meantime... I would suggest doing SEM to drive targeted traffic. I would start with Google AdWords as it is easy to set up Google ads once you have your site ready to go. Once you have done a little with Google AdWords you will find it much easier to set up ads on Yahoo/Overture, Microsoft Ad Center and others. Doing SEM work will help you also gain insight to what might work well to better optimize pages.

PR, and social networking can help you as well.

It will be very important to also have reporting set up. Google Analytics is great for a start and it is free. It is also easy to set up and you will want to be sure to include conversion code set up so you can see what is driving traffic and where they are converting, (signing up for your newsletters, contacting you, purchasing)

Referral business even in the online world is a great boost and can help you grow. Take advantage of incentives where possible.

Be sure you have a newsletter sign up on your site and utilize it! - it will help you maintain customer loyalty and increase sales volumes. Building your own database of leads through your newsletter is a great way to grow your business in the long term.

The best advice is to remember just because your store is online does not make you less able to interact with customers. Treat all your visitors to your site as you would treat them if they where coming into your store and you where meeting them in person. If they feel like you care about them through giving them relevant info to their search query and helping them easily navigate through the site to find what they want, offering specials and incentives, they will want to come back, but better yet they will tell others and word of mouth can be great (someone enjoys your site and they email it to their friends! - That speaks volumes!)

I am happy to help with any of your online SEO and SEM questions - please feel free to email or IM me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ice build up [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, my question is will a dirty filter cause ice to build up on my lines running to the outside a/c unit. I also noticed I need to re-insulate the line outside as it is cracked and weathered. My wife said she noticed freezing and ice at points where the insulation was cracked.

How do you build? [ 1 Answers ]

How do u build a ramp that slants up than it goes flat then back down?

How to build a website? I new but keen [ 10 Answers ]

OK I have been for the past year or so wanted to build a website and run a forum, unfortunately I have NO idea about how to do it and where to start I did try looking on the internet but everyone just refers me to sites that sell web space (which is OK I I knew how to make a site and wanted the...

Help to build PC [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I want to build my own pc from scratch including new tower etc. Does anyone out there have a simple step by step quide on how to do it. I want help and advice on everything from choosing the right motherboard to once finished how to format it etc. I would also like to hear what...

Help to build a PC [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I want to build my own pc from scratch including new tower etc. Does anyone out there have a simple step by step quide on how to do it. I want help and advice on everything from choosing the right motherboard to once finished how to format it etc. I would also like to hear what...

View more questions Search