Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2007, 12:17 PM
    HEAT-OFF-COOL system switch - AUTO-ON fan switch
    From an Email:
    ''Dear asklabman,
    I am a first time house ownere & having an issue with my Honeywell T8112 Programmable Thermostat.

Thermostat has two switches for the fan - AUTO FAN & FAN ON switches and three switches for thes system, COOL, HEAT & System OFF modes.

Yesterday we turned ON the fan. Later we changed to Auto FAN mode. Now the FAN is still running even the System is in OFF mode. There is no FAN OFF switch. We tried different things like reducing the temperature, increasing the temperature but still the fan is running. We turned off the whole heat system at the main switch board & we turned it on later(after couple of hours), Fan was off for couple of minutes & again it starts blowing air.

Please explain me how to turn off this air? We called Honey well thermostat, he asked us to remove the whole thermostat asked me to check couple of wires ( I do not know why) & finally said everything is fine & asks me to check with repair man.
    Do you have any ideas?? ''

Turn the system switch to off. Turn the fanswitch to auto. If the fan is still running, go to the furnace or air handler and open the panel where the filters are. Unually the thermostat wire connections are in thete too. Disconnect the green wire. If the fan want off when you opened the panel, you may have to hold in the door switch. It the fan quits with the wire disconnected, the wiring or thermostat is bad. If it runs with the wire disconnected, the relay is bad. Usually that mean replacing the whole control board, big $$$.
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 13, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Fan mode is stuck. Turn off the breaker, wait about ten seconds, then turn the breaker back on. Does that shut off the fan? If not, it sounds like the thermostat is faulty or the fan wire is crossing the red wire somewhere.

XenoSapien

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC fan runs slow, but switch to heat fan runs normal [ 3 Answers ]

The other morning I came into the house and noticed the ac was not working. I turned off the breaker to the unit for a few minutes. Then turned it back on. Went to the thermostat pushed it over to auto and the fan came on but ran very slow. I them turned it off. Then turn on the heat, the fan...

HEAT-OFF-COOL system switch - AUTO-ON fan switch. [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Gurus, I am a new house owner & not used to thermostats. We have Honeywell 8112D thermostat. We recently turned ON our Fan switch (in the thermostat). Now the fan is not turning off. It is continuously running even when the system is in OFF & Fan is in AUTO mode. We tried reducing the...

Wiring ceiling fan switch and light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I had to replace the flywheel on my Hunter ceiling fan and I had to remove the light kit that was attached. After I installed the flywheel, I forgot to mark the wires for re-connection. This is an older model fan. There are five wires coming from the fan motor--brown, blue, white, black and...

Furnace will not switch from heat to cool [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace operates fine, until I switch from heat to cool. When I switch it willnot do anythig and I have to call out a reapirman. My house was under warranty and I thought the problem was resolved, but it wasn't . What are some thins I can look at?

View more questions Search