Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DwnG1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Paying medical bills
    Hello, I need help with my medical bills. My husband had to have surgery but we were in between insurances. We do have it now. There are the hospital plus doctor and anesthesiologist and others and its over 50,0000 and its killing us with the other household bills. Were starting to fall behind on everything. Its too much. I would like some info on how to eleminate some of it or file for medical bankruptcy. Ineed help asap.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Did you go speak to the hospital about it? They look at your situation when the procedures happen and make a judgment based on that. They may be able to reduce the amount you owe. Don't delay call the hospital today and see what they can do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Have you spoke to the hospital and doctor. After my wife surgary in Jan we owed around a lot, they wrote off over half of what we owed by us just asking and supplying them proof of my low income
    novascotiaqt Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Aug 13, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DwnG1234
    Hello, I need help with my medical bills. My husband had to have surgery but we were in between insurances. We do have it now. There are the hospital plus doctor and anesthesiologist and others and its over 50,0000 and its killing us with the other household bills. Were starting to fall behind on everything. Its to much. I would like some info on how to eleminate some of it or file for medical bankrupcy. Ineed help asap.
    Go to your local community services center they will help or get in touch with your local salvation army, any type of lion's club or buffalo club nearby if there are any in your community. Good luck. I wish I could help more. Maybe you could ask your local church also.
    charlie44 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Would your husband qualify for Medicaid? Depending on which state you live in, some Medicaid programs do have a short term benefit for catastrophic illnesses. It depends on your income. Check it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sued over medical bills [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3500.00 in unpaid medical bills. These are currently in collections. I recently began making payments of 50.00 per month. I missed last month. Now they have demanded 500.00 per month. They will temporarily allow me to pay 250.00 per month for 3 months. I told them that would be impossible....

Paying bills [ 1 Answers ]

Hey can they trun my hydro off if I am making pay ments?

Medical bills [ 15 Answers ]

About a week ago my son was injured when a horseshoe hit him in the nose. He was standing slightly behind me, more on the side of me. We were standing about five feet form the peg in the ground, on the receiving end. His grandfather was the throwee and it richoted off the peg and around me and...

Medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Can A Collection Agency Sue Me For Medical Bills If It Is Already On My Credit Report?

Medical Bills and 401k [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is getting ready to retire and she has some unpaid medical bills that she actually thought were paid until recently. She has a 401k which is not very much through her employer. Will they take her 401k?

View more questions Search