Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anabella Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 05:11 AM
    Second Hand Couch
    Hi,

I bought a couch from a second hand store. I checked the couch for bugs when I first got home but didn't see any. Apart from visually 'eyeing" the couch, is there any way to ensure it doesn't have bugs or am I being overly cautious here.. Any help with this query is greatly appreciated.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2007, 05:13 AM
    You could steam clean it. But I think you are being overly cautious. I'm not sure what bugs you expect to find.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 08:08 PM
    I think that if I were that concerned about the bugs possibility, I would not have gotten it, or would not have carried it into the house until I felt comfortable.
    I would probably by three or four cans of lysol , then steam clean, that should do the trick.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anabella
    Hi,

I bought a couch from a second hand store. I checked the couch for bugs when i first got home but didnt see any. Apart from visually 'eyeing" the couch, is there any way to ensure it doesnt have bugs or am i being overly cautious here... ? Any help with this query is greatly appreciated.
    The only way to ensure it doesn't have bugs is prior to bringing it into the house, you should have completely sprayed it down with any product sold in your local hardware or garden center that is good for fleas, bed bugs, or other small hard to kill bug ALONG with their eggs, that is likely to infest furniture. Wait a few hours, then steam clean as Capuchin has advised.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Have you gotten comfortable with your couch yet?
    anabella Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Hi All,

Thanks for your advice. I steam cleaned and did the lysol bit and am quite confident it is clean as a whistle, thanks all.

Please excuse the delay in response, I have had a few dramas on this end. But again thanks for the advice as it was definitely appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by anabella
    Hi,

I bought a couch from a second hand store. I checked the couch for bugs when i first got home but didnt see any. Apart from visually 'eyeing" the couch, is there any way to ensure it doesnt have bugs or am i being overly cautious here... ? Any help with this query is greatly appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Earwigs in a couch? [ 5 Answers ]

We recently moved our couch over to make room for visitors and discovered several dead earwigs in the impression from one of the legs. We've moved the couch before and not seen anything, and we haven't seen any live earwigs, but now we're wondering what to do. Is there any way to save the couch and...

Couch bugs [ 2 Answers ]

I've spotted a red like bug with no head, and tiny little legs, it was similar to lady bug but had no spots or wigs to follow, but when I killed it it seemed to have a larger amount of blood come out of it's body. What can this bug be?!

Bugs in the couch [ 6 Answers ]

:o Hello, Recently I have found an infestation of bugs that I can not identify. They are living in my couch. They are brown or dark brown kind of reddish brown for some. They look like giant mites or a cross between a flea, a tick and a those spiders with huge abdomans and all...

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

Comfortable couch [ 2 Answers ]

How do you choose a comfortable couch? I purchased a big soft comfy couch in the store. After 1 month everyone in my house has a backache. This couch is very soft and has deep seats. I am changing it but am not sure if there is a formula for a comfortable couch that will remain comfortable long...

View more questions Search