Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Aug 18, 2005, 02:06 AM
    Pregancy dilema
    All right ladies here's a good one... had my period about the beginning of July.. around the 12th or so... me and the man have done it many time since then.. (raw dog)started feeling nauseous at night hungry all the time.. you know the classic pregnancy symptoms so I thought for sure that I was... took tests and all came back negative... then I got my period around August 10th or so... no cramping but normal bleeding... but still feel nauseated hungry all the time... im not a big eater but it seems like all I can do now is eat... very unlikely but could I possibly be pregnant?
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Aug 18, 2005, 12:55 PM
    Negative
    I guess you have a 28day cycle. Am I right? You are not pregnant. Clear as crystal. What you are feeling maybe psychological. Nausea & vomitting occures at about 6weeks age of gestation (1 & 1/2months on the way) due to the increase in HCG which is detected by the pregnany test kits. This may persist till 3months. Hope I am of help.

Ju,M.D.
    A.J.R Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2005, 02:43 PM
    Maybe So
    I have an older sister that had normal periods throughout her pregnancies. And every time she takes a pregnancy test it comes out negative. She actually has to have blood drawn just to determine if she is or just wait and see if starts to feel movement in her 5th month or so. So, I believe that there is a possibility that you might be pregnant, but you must verify that with you doc. Good luck and congrats if you are. Children are a beautiful part of life. :)

Aug 20, 2005, 05:49 AM
    Maybe ot is not really menstruation she's having. It maybe spotting. Its usually lighter than the usual menses
    TygeressDemon Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2005, 08:24 AM
    Not sure
    I think that you might be. Even though I am only 13, I have a friend who had her first child when she was 13. She is know 14 with 2 kids. She is kind of a slut... See, her periods were always normail, but she still was pregnant, you might be, ask a doctor, there could be diffilculties... (not trying to scare you or anything)
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Aug 20, 2005, 01:14 PM
    Increased Activity
    Your metabolism increases during your cycle, it is the body's way of preparing you to eat for two in the likelihood you become pregnant; however, when your activity increases during your cycle, the body requires more fuel.

Also, drink more water... sometimes dehydration produces N&V.
    Iwannababy2 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Oct 20, 2005, 01:54 PM
    I have been doing the same thing... but like the doc. Said... its psychological... I want a baby more than anything and am trying to get pregnant... what happens is you think about it so much that your mind makes your body think you are pregnant... if you are wanting a baby I know exactly what you are thinking... I swore and swore that those tests were wrong and I was pregnant but I finally realized that it was me... and eve after I have realized that I am still so hungry moody and have ALL the pregnant. Symptoms... in fact I am sitting here and eating the last piece of a medium pizza I ordered 2 hours ago... yep... I ate the whole thing... just keep trying... :)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 21, 2005, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwannababy2
    i have been doing the same thing...but like the doc. said...its psychological...i want a baby more than anything and am trying to get pregnant...what happens is you think about it so much that your mind makes your body think you are pregnant...if you are wanting a baby i know exactly what you are thinking....i swore and swore that those tests were wrong and i was pregnant but i finally realized that it was me...and eve after i have realized that i am still so hungry moody and have ALL the preg. symptoms...in fact i am sitting here and eating the last piece of a medium pizza i ordered 2 hours ago.....yep...i ate the whole thing.....just keep trying.... :)
    The body and the mind sometimes work so much together, especially when you are so determined. We've had a lot of ladies in our clinic who had false pregnancies, even with big tummies, it's psychological and they needed therapy to understand this. Just give yourself time and don't constantly think about it and you might be pleasantly surprised soon. Good Luck to you.
    Iwannababy2 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Oct 22, 2005, 04:54 AM
    Yeah I just had to sit down with my future hubby and talk about it... we have decided that the stress of getting pregnant is enough to keep me from getting pregnant so we decided to not worry about it... it has worked till yesterday... I just had that feeling that I was ovulating so I took one of my tests to see and sure enough I was! So hopefully it will work this time... they say that women who try, won't conceive but the moment you truly stop trying and just let it happen... you will get pregnant... well we find out I guess... :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 22, 2005, 04:58 PM
    I'll have both fingers and toes crossed as well as sending you good 'vibes'. I really have a pretty good 'gut feeling' about this. My 'gut feelings' usually never steer me wrong, but that's another story. Wishing you lots and lots of them and luck too.

erinlr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2005, 08:58 AM
    I need some advice
    hello everyone-i wanted to see if anyone had some advice for me. My last af started sept. 26th. I have still not had af and now it is nov.3. Now the problem is that I am very irregular. I recently started a new job that has kept me very busy so I think that may be the cause. I have taken 2 negative. Hpts but I just can't give up the thought that I still may be pregnant. My husband and I have not necessarliy been trying, but we have not been using any protection-just withdrawal. These are some of my symptoms: extremely tired after I get home from work, nausea at random times (but I have never vomited), extreme mood swings from very happy to very sad, cramping for 3 days now but no af, higher body temp, sore breasts. The problem is that I know these can also all be signs I am about to start. I think I just want to be pregnant so badly I am hanging on to any strand of hope. I have made a doc appt but can not get in until the 28th. Until then this is mental torture. I just hate not knowing what's going on. Any advice or similar stories? What do you think?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 4, 2005, 01:02 PM
    Hi erinlr
    Hi dear and welcome to the forum. Anxiety happens to all of us at this time, but don't stress yourself out too much. You certainly sound like you might be, so the sites below will help a lot.
    First and foremost, when in doubt - Always see your doctor.
    Second, Take an EPT or HPT again, even though they might be negative does not mean your not since they are not always 100% certain.
    Check out the following sites, they will help you through this a little more to reassure if you are.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102 explains all symptoms in their stages from the first trimester to the last. Then, scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise, danger signs, etc.
    www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format.
    Good luck, and keep us posted. I'm also crossing my fingers..

Nov 5, 2005, 03:17 AM
    FOr one thing, nausea & vomiting usually starts at around 1 & 1/2 month into the pregnancy & could persist up to 3 months. Breast tenderness & fatigability can also occur. If the pregnancy test result is negative, I think it would be safe to say you are not pregnant since it has a high sensitivity, mostly near 98%. However in most instances when our period has not arrived, we feel stressed out. Others who want a child badly undergo pseudocyeisis gravidarum which is false pregnancy & the symptoms that go with it like morning sickness is so much like that of a real pregnancy though it is merely psychological.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 16, 2005, 05:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lickemlolly
    alright ladies heres a good one...had my period about the beginning of july..around the 12th or so...me n the man have done it many time since then..(raw dog)started feeling nauseous at night hungry all the time..you know the classic pregnancy symptoms so i thought for sure that i was...took tests and all came back negative...then i got my period around august 10th or so...no cramping but normal bleeding...but still feel nauseated hungry all the time...im not a big eater but it seems like all i can do now is eat...very unlikely but could i possibly be pregnant??
    Hey dear, it's been since August, how are you and what's going on? You should be either pregnant or not by now and we would like for you to keep us posted, so get back with us. All the best, Chery

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

F1 to H1 Tax dilema [ 61 Answers ]

Atlanta Tax Expert, I have been following this forum for some time now and I really appreciate all your help and advice. I entered the US in 2002 on an F1. I recently transitioned to an H1 on October 1, 2005. This is the summary of my stay in the US so far: 2002 - Entered US on Dec 27...

Pregancy [ 6 Answers ]

My period is very irregular can I still come out pregnant even though the only way I get my period is by drinking birth control pills

Dilema for Bi-bloke [ 16 Answers ]

Where to start... Well, I am (a young!) 50 years old, and I have always known that I am Bi-sexual and have had far more experiences with lads than with girls (but I've never gone more that masturbating/oral) - I have never come out - and am very masculine etc and nobody suspects. I have many...

Dilema [ 6 Answers ]

I have very little contact with my bros. And sisters due to a fallout . Now the oldest bro. Calls me asking to help support my mom (78 yrs), who lives off soc. Sec. The thing is she lives w/ dad but their relationship is shot . They"re together out of necessity even though they don't...

Recent Dilema [ 1 Answers ]

All right, I've already made my choice on this, but I want to know what you guys think. My girlfriend and I have been going out for six months now. Prior to that I've like her for a couple years, but she or I had always been with someone else. I lost my virginity to this girl. Recently I had...

View more questions Search