Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kktobias Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2004, 10:31 AM
    Which operating system to start with?
    I had windows 98SE on my computer. I had to fdisk and format and then I installed Windows Xp Professional on it. The problem I have is when I reboot, it will ask me this PLEASE SELECT THE OPERATING SYSTEM TO START

Then it gives me two options. I can click on MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL or MICROSOFT WINDOWS.

I had to click on the XP version. It will go to the windows xp operating system. Can someone please tell me why this is coming up? Did I do something wrong when formating? Etc?
    kenshelp Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2004, 03:56 PM
    Re: which operating system to start with?
    It should not be a problem, I would not worry.

You can remove it by right clicking on My Computer, select Advanced Tab, Check Startup and Recovery. Select your Default OS (XP) and uncheck "Display list of operating systems"

Good Day
    kktobias Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2004, 05:02 AM
    Hello. Thanks for getting back to me. I went into MY COMPUTER and I cannot find a ADVANCED TAB. I checked on our computers at work with the same operating system and there is no ADVANCED TAB. Are you sure it was MY COMPUTER? Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks

Kelly
    kenshelp Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2004, 11:14 AM
    You know, I'm checking this on my Wn2K computer at work. I'll check when I get home today.
    spykat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2004, 05:46 PM

You neeb to go to your control panel click on system,
    Then the Advanced Tab, then Startup and Recovery Settings, uncheck the first option box and then okay or you can manually edit it by clicking that option underneath that,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mac Operating System [ 3 Answers ]

Currently using Mac OS8.6... Is there a download available to OS 9

Winxp pro-please select the operating system to start [ 2 Answers ]

I did what I thought was a clean install of xp pro --I think it has installed itself on both the C and D partitions --if so can this be easily fixed or will I have to re-install and re- activate with Microsoft again??

No Operating System [ 7 Answers ]

I have a IBM 390X laptop, and the computer has successfully completed the hard disk data wiping process. Al Data on the computer is now unrecoverable. The computer is designed for win98, and I have a CD Windows 98 Second Edition. What are the steps I need to take to get this computer working...

Operating system to start with? [ 2 Answers ]

I had windows 98SE on my computer. I had to fdisk and format and then I installed Windows Xp Professional on it. The problem I have is when I reboot, it will ask me this      PLEASE SELECT THE OPERATING SYSTEM TO START Then it gives me two options. I can click on MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP...

View more questions Search