Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    6IN2DEEP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Being sued for small credit card amount
    I am being sued buy a credit card for less than 4000. I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose my home. My husband is going to freak when I tell him I have 4 kids ican barely afford to feed as it is. I just went back to work a few months ago I don't know what to do we are considered below the poverty line as it is what should I do
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 01:55 PM
    File Notice of Intent to Defend, if you don't they will obtain default summary judgment, and garnish your wges, and or attach your checking account.

That the basic, need more details to help further.
    barbaralupe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 08:08 AM
    I am 23 years old and have just been summons to court for a small claims for the amount of $1007 for a credit card from 4 years ago. I've gather up the full amount that, but what is the next step. I want to avoid the whole extra court fees. Please tell me what I can do now that I have the full balance. Do I have to go to court if I pay the full amount?

PLEASE HELP!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am being sued by credit card co. [ 35 Answers ]

I am being sued (I guess) by Capitol One. I was served a notice 3 nights ago, to appear on March 1 at 1:30 pm, no court room, just the main address. It says it is a mediation/pretrial conference, but it is confusing. The debt they are listing is a valid debt, the amount is questionable. I through...

Being sued for credit card I don't own [ 1 Answers ]

What's the best way to handle being sued for a mastercard I've never own and never heard of?

Being Sued by credit card [ 3 Answers ]

I was served with papers this afternoon about an old credit card debt that I thought I settled but guess I didn't. I called the law office number provided and she was extreamly rude to me. I explained to her that there was no way that I owed that much and she said "Well you do now" I told her that...

Sued Credit Card Debt [ 11 Answers ]

Hey I received I guess you would call it a credit card judgement for a debt I owe of $1700. Plus $ 750.00 Attorney fee for them , I guess... I have a 4 yr old, 5 month old, pregnant again with #3, and unemployed. Just recently got laid off from my previous job of 8 yrs. My husband is the only...

View more questions Search