Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maquido Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2005, 02:42 PM
    Monitor resolution
    Hello!

I have a monitor, (oldie) only works in 640x480, I need see a software in 800x600, how do I can solve this? (using the same monitor)?

Some solution via software emulation?

Thanks in advance.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Aug 17, 2005, 06:10 PM
    Personally, I don't know of anything that can do that (doesn't mean it isn't possible, though) because if the program is made to run at that specific resolution, there is a reason... images or graphics may have been designed to work in the program at that particular resolution.

The best solution (I would think) is just get another monitor... you can find one for $10 at your local pawn shop... I know of one down the road here that sells recent monitors for that price

Aug 18, 2005, 09:02 AM
    Thanks so much
    Hello!

Thnaks, but I can't change my monitor, I have a POS solution, and the monitor can't changed.

You know if exists some solution via software emulation?
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Aug 18, 2005, 10:43 AM
    I tried doing all kinds of Internet searches but I was unsuccessful in trying to find anything... I'm sure there is something like you are describing, perhaps some of the experts here will also be able to help.

Info that the experts might need to answer your question:
    What OS are you using?
    What kind of system (PC, Mac)?

Sorry I couldn't help, but I'm sure there is someone here who can!
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Aug 18, 2005, 12:56 PM
    For what it's worth
    I don't know of any specific software solution but:

The type of thing you are looking for is screen scaling - remote desktop software commonly uses this technology so it isn't out of the question that you can find it.

The other way you could possibly do this, depending on graphics card and OS is to have the desktop 800x600 on the 640x480 monitor - this is messy because as you know the area to be displayed is too big for the monitor. The way to navigate this is to move the mouse to any edge of the screen and the display moves underneath. It's a bit like having a spreadsheet that's too big to fit on your screen and scrolling around all the time.

The one and only time I did this was in Windows 95 - the display settings allowed you to have the screen at 640x480 and the desktop at 800x600. I haven't seen this option lately on the newer OS's!

It may be worth contacting the software vendor to see if they have a lower resolution version of the software!

Good Luck
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 18, 2005, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maquido
    Hello!

I have a monitor, (oldie) only works in 640x480, i need see a software in 800x600, how do i can solve this? (using the same monitor)?

Some solution via software emulation?

Thanks in advance.
    Are you sure it's the monitor? Have you tried changing the video adapter? If you can't, change hardware you may be stuck.

Aug 22, 2005, 04:51 PM
    Some info
    My hardware is A PC, I doesn't has answer from the manuf.

Thanks for your help.
    eg007 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2005, 08:20 PM
    There are programs to give custom resolutions such as Powerstrip but if you're stuck at 640*480 by the monitor hardware I don't think anything is going to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Outlook changes resolution [ 4 Answers ]

OK. This problem is fantastic. I have a computer that I am working on and every time I open Microsoft Outlook the screen resolution changes to 600 x 800 and the colour drops to 16 bits. Then when I close Outlook again it returns to normal. This is a Windows XP system. Any suggestions would be...

Resolution Won't Change -- HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My question is in regards to my computer monitor (TRL/RIC DH-1764M/DH-1764). Currently, my resolution is stuck at 640x480. I know the monitor has the ability for something greater, however, when I try to change the screen area or colors, nothing happens. My color options are 2 and 16 and...

View more questions Search