Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Start learning about golf
    Dear professionals,

I am new to this, I have a strong interest in learning golfing.

Is it very hard? What will you suggest me to know before I start this hobby?

Thank you.:)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2007, 04:07 PM
    A lesson from the pro at your local golf club.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Thank you, I will check this out.
    What is your avg expense on a weekly based activity?

Thanks NK.:)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2007, 03:08 AM
    How mauch do I spend a week on golf you mean?
    Since I have 2 young children I play a lot less. A round here costs between $42 and $85 depending on which course. It would be a lot more in a large american city. I play about once every 2 weeks.
    Andrew Lee Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Sep 3, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Hello Nicespringgirl... First don't think of golf as a hobby, think of it as a sport that you are training for, you will think of it as part of your being not just something to do... golf is not hard it's addictive and once you get into it... it gets you. Now the first thing you need to do is download information on club gripping, club swing, and posture (how to set up on the ball). Before you pick up a club learn what to do with it first. Subscribe with one the gulf mags. Go to the book store and find the on e that fits you. (reading is very important). Get a instructional video on the golf swing (The PurePoint Golf System) is a good one. Set up you a regular practice time (Golf Range). This will keep you discipline. Don't look to play your first round for about 2 to 3 months. This will give you time to understand your swing, the game and confidence. I do not know where you are... I'm in Houston, Tx... but feel free to email me personnel.. . remember touch your clubs everyday so they will never be a stranger to you... Oh go by your local golf store and get a swing check most places do it for free... this will help with your club selection.
    mike9927 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Golf isn't hard at all... unless you're trying to beat someone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Professional golf [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with the following question dealing with professional golf. In tennis, men play the best of five sets and women play the best of three sets, but the winner of the men's tennis singles at the U.S.Open is paid the same as the winner of the women's singles. In contrast, in...

Golf Course [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Could anyone tell me how many acres of land is required for a 18 hole golf course? Cheers MIS

Golf swing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi experts, I'm a lady golfer with a 15 handicap. I always make it a point to be aware of my right elbow on the take away. But what I'd like to know is how high up and how close to the body by right elbow should be on the backswing. Thanks for any information.

98 VW Golf GTI VR6 won't start - help! [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to start my car yesterday after 1 1/2 weeks of no use, and it won't start. It doesn't sound like the engine is turning over - there is a soft rattling noise, not revving... all the accessory lights and head lights work, just not the stereo. Had the car checked in March and all was good. I...

Golf ball [ 2 Answers ]

A golf ball moving forward with 1 unit of momentum strikes and bounces backward off a heavy bowling ball that is initially at rest and free to move. The bowling ball is set in motion with a momentum of_____. A. Less than 1 unit. B. More than 1 unit. C. 1 unit. D. Not enough information.

View more questions Search