Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slanderman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Shower installation
    I'm planning on somehow installing a standup shower in the laundry room that is in the basement of our new house and having the shower drain into the existing floor drain. The only problem is, there is a 3" PVC pipe that runs from floor to ceiling and is about 12" away from the floor drain, so I'm not sure how I'm going to circumvent the pipe so that a standup shower will fit there. I've drawn a diagram so that you can kind of see the problem. Anyone have any ideas how I can do this? By the way, these are concrete floors and walls.

There will be a preformed shower pan, as I'll be installing a shower kit like the one below.

beenaroundtheblock Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Aug 11, 2007, 11:22 AM
    What is the 3in PVC pipe? Drain pipe?
    Slanderman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 11:31 AM
    It may not be 3", it could possibly be smaller, 3" was a guesstimate. But I know for sure that it's the drain pipe for the upstairs kitchen sink and dishwasher.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower installation [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take to install a three piece shower unit when the drain is already installed?

Shower installation [ 3 Answers ]

I want to replace an old shower stall with a new one. Where to start?

Shower installation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There New here.Can anybody help me with step by step installation Of a shower (meaning heights from trap to pan). Thanks Guys

Shower installation [ 3 Answers ]

My basement has been roughed in for a bathroom and I am trying to figure out how to install the shower base. The shower that I bought slopes down toward the drain hole and sits flush with the concrete at the drain hole. So in order to have room to attach the shower drain to the 2" pipe coming out...

View more questions Search